The Center for Functional Anatomy and Evolution (https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/fae/) invites applications for a full-time faculty appointment, at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor, effective summer 2022.
We are seeking an outstanding researcher, educator, and leader to join our faculty in summer 2022. The successful candidate will serve as Director of the Center, will join a faculty teaching dissection-based human anatomy to first-year medical students, and will teach and advise PhD candidates in our Functional Anatomy and Evolution program. Additional teaching includes topics in our Master's program in Anatomy Education, as well as anatomy and organismal biology courses for undergraduates and graduate students in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences. Excellent opportunities exist for research collaboration with faculty members of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions.
- PhD in Anatomy, Vertebrate Evolutionary Morphology, Biological Anthropology, or related field.
- Leadership in an academic setting, including experience in administrative, budgetary, and strategic oversight.
- Research excellence demonstrated by publications and successful grant applications. Research interests must complement existing faculty.
- Teaching excellence at the graduate level.
- Ability to recruit and supervise faculty, staff, graduate students, and post docs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues and work collaboratively.
- Anatomy teaching experience in a medical school setting.
- Eagerness to learn and teach new technologies related to the field.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent teaching skills, a thorough understanding of human anatomy, and a record of funded research. Superb collaboration and communication skills, verbal and written, are expected. Leadership experience in an academic setting is required.
Interested candidates should submit:
- CV including education, teaching, and leadership experience.
- Cover Letter
- Research Statement
- Sample syllabus
- Writing sample
- 3 references
Applications and related materials are due by November 1, 2021 via Interfolio submission. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2021, and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Please address all application inquiries to Danielle Edwards (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Job Type: Full Time Johns Hopkins University is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body. The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members. Consistent with the University's goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will assess the comprehensive qualifications of each applicant.