Job Title: Assistant Professor of African History
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 234317
About Us Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Summary The Department of History, Anthropology, and Philosophy at the University of North Georgia (Gainesville Campus) seeks to hire a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of African History. Region and time frame are open. The committee is particularly interested in scholars whose work engages with a non-European language. Candidates are also encouraged to share digital history projects and instruction. Instruction responsibilities include undergraduate survey courses, upper-division and graduate courses in area of specialty. The department seeks candidates whose research, teaching, or service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education and the local community.
* 4/4 teaching load, including the World History survey and upper-division courses in area(s) of specialization.
* Holding office hours.
* Research in their field.
* PhD in hand at time of appointment is required.
* Evidence of effective teaching, scholarly potential and commitment to service.
Required Documents to Attach
* Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Conditions of Employment Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
* This role is considered a position of trust.
Special Applicant Instructions
* If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
* Please submit contact information for three professional references.