Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Consumer-Business Ecosystems (CBE) is a team within Facebook that strives to create economic value by connecting consumers and businesses. These days that includes helping consumers find essential businesses such as restaurants, grocery stores, and pharmacies within their communities. CBE is also helping to connect dislocated workers with essential jobs and employers who are hiring during these times such as medical workers, delivery drivers, and warehouse workers. We are looking for a purpose driven Mixed Methods UX Researcher to help CBE identify how to drive greater value across the consumers and businesses we support globally. This role will be an integral part of the product development process, and this person will design, execute and deliver high-impact research. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product development and design, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding and helping people. If this sounds like you, come join us as we work to solve complex and meaningful problems for people around the world!
- Act as a product thought leader and research expert, advocating for the people and businesses who could use our products.
- Develop and gain alignment on research roadmaps that will have the biggest impact on meeting business goals.
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions.
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy.
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- BA/BS in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- A strategic thinker who can connect the big picture to tactical changes
- Experience in engaging and influencing cross functional experts
- Proficient at providing clarity and progressing in ambiguous environments
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.