Peninsula is division of Parkwest Medical Center Knoxville, TNPsych Technician II, Adult Unit Full Time, 72 Hours Per Pay Period, Night Shift
Unit B is an 87-bed unit, divided into two separate "Tracks." Track 1 is a 44-bed area that cares primarily for adult patients with mood disorders and/or chemical dependency issues. Track 2 is a 43-bed area that cares primarily for adult patients with thought disorders and/or chemical dependency issues. Unit B is a busy and exciting area to work where you will be exposed to patients dealing with a wide variety of psychiatric conditions. Staff may also work on other units in the hospital, offering the opportunity to work with many different types of patients. The care team consists of physicians, therapists, discharge planners, registered nurses, psychiatric technicians, and others who work together to develop a comprehensive treatment outline and care plan. We have a great team on the unit who all work together to provide excellent care for our patients in a safe, therapeutic environment.This unit creates a 6-week schedule which is released two weeks before the schedule starts. Staff preferences are considered and may be accommodated when they align with the overall staffing needs of the unit and facility.Position Summary:
Responsible for quality patient care by providing supervision and guidance for the patients as well as maintaining a safe and therapeutic patient environment. Job Preview:
Provide care for individuals with mental or emotional conditions or disabilities, following the instructions of physicians and/or registered nurses.
Career path for the role?
- Monitor patients' physical and emotional well-being and report to nursing,
- Provide on-going support, supervision and guidance for patients
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic patient care environment
- Ensure patient's basic needs are met.
- Can grow with further education to a Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist
- When eligible may take the national Psychiatric Technician certification exam that qualifies for the annual certification bonus and furthers professional growth
There are Senior PC and PC Team Leaders positions that can be applied for after appropriate experience is obtained.Important Behavioral Traits
- Compassion & Empathy
- Interpersonal communication & relationship skills
- Observational skills
- Verbal communication skills
Bachelors in psychology, sociology, social services, anthropology, theatre, liberal arts majors, biology/pre-med (or working towards it); some postsecondary educational experienceMinimum Education:
One (1) Year prior experience in a behavioral health setting or a Bachelor's degree in a related field.Licensure Requirement: