Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking a fulltime Archaeological Crew Chief for projects in the Midwest, Southwest, Intermountain West, and Pacific Northwest. The crew chief position is a fulltime salaried position. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications, experience, and assigned project role.
Selected applicants will conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery under the supervision of Field Directors and/or Principal Investigators. Applicants must be able to perform all field tasks associated with archaeological site recording, post-field site form completion, and digital photography. Staff will be expected to assist with mapping cultural resources in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units, digital photography, and recording resources on appropriate state forms and Google Nexus tablets.
Responsibilities and Minimum Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology or a closely related field is required (MA preferred)
- Completed an archaeology field school
- At least 3-5 years of experience in CRM and/or some supervisory experience on archeological projects
- Some experience with large-scale cultural resource projects
- Experience with a wide range of field methods, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring throughout western U.S.
- Experience with GPS (Trimble) units, TerraSync, Tablets, ArcGIS, and other computer-based programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong writing and editing skills with ability to complete cultural resource forms/documents in a timely manner
- Prepared to travel in any of the western states for prolonged field work
- Ability to conduct fieldwork carrying gear (25 lbs.+) up to 10 miles per day for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, remote locations, and rugged terrain
- Experience with the identification of a variety of prehistoric and historic resource types, flora, faunal, and human remains identification
- Self-motivated, respectful of others, positive, energetic, and ability to work and participate in a team environment
- Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads
- First Aid training
- Be able to pass a drug screening
Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000 Yr.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.