WestLand Resources Inc. is seeking archaeology technicians to perform surveys and data recovery excavation work in the field. Work will be on-call/project-specific for our Pacific Northwest locations in Washington and Oregon, and may also include work in California, Idaho and Nevada. Per diem and single-occupancy hotel rooms will be provided for out-of-town work. This position will be based in our Everett, Washington office.Qualifications
Essential Functions and general responsibilities:
- B.A. in Anthropology, Archaeology, Heritage Management, or related field
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the cultural resources industry, at least 1 year of which has been in the Northwest.
- Completion of an archaeological field school.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize artifact and feature types likely to be found in the Pacific Northwest.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a variety of environments featuring extreme temperatures, rainy weather, rough terrain and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to climb in and out of trenches or excavation units using ramps and ladders on a frequent basis, hike in rough terrain and move in different positions to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to bend and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the Northwest, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem and hotel provided).
- Reliable personal transportation to WestLand offices or local field sites.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Under direction of a Field Supervisor or Principal Investigator, conduct fieldwork on small surveys and/or monitoring projects.
- Under direction of a Field Supervisor or Principal Investigator, record artifacts, features and other manifestations using Trimble GIS, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes and records.
- Process and catalog artifacts and other materials under lab staff supervision.
- Under direction of a Field Supervisor or Principal Investigator, report on field investigations and provide higher-level staff with staffing and scheduling input.
- File and scan records and paperwork.
- Resolves problems in field and office settings.
- Complete records searches and report tables under supervision of senior staff.
- Performs other related responsibilities as needed.
, our purpose is to sustain a friendly, inspired company, where dedicated people work together to create exceptional outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.Westland
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Job Posted by ApplicantPro