Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other organization.To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
Senior Manager Consumer and Market InsightsSENIORITY LEVEL:
Winston Salem, NC USAROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of Marketing - SP&I (New categories).
The Senior Manager Consumer and Market Insights will be a key member of the Consumer Insights and Foresights team that utilizes all data sources and research techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of the market, consumer behaviours and preferences across all key touchpoints (particularly ecommerce/digital/social), competitor trends to feed into category strategy, and consumer perceptions. Curious by nature and driven to discover impactful insights, this role will deliver thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations to ultimately influence business decisions and maximize business value.
In this role you will provide support and guidance in the development of high-impact data driven insights and recommendations that drive our brand strategies to win in the market. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing and communicating the consumer and market insights for the brands using a diverse set of data sources. In addition, this role fosters collaboration, and a cohesive approach between the Marketing, Digital, Analytics, Innovation, Commercial and Trade/Sales teams, aligning vision and scope across commercial strategies and projects.Reports to:
Director - Consumer Understanding - SP&IReporting Level:
No Direct ReportsGeographic Scope:
LocalWHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Development of insights plans for products across all categories, in line with the strategy and guidelines, to drive brand equity and product development across the category.
- Data-driven decision-making: Develop and deploy leading-edge, data-driven insights for multi-categories, ensuring a joined-up and centralized approach to Insights generation that is aligned to the Strategy, Planning and Insights Marketing and Insights agenda.
- Drive and deliver a consumer centric product strategy: Ensure relevant consumer insights to drive comprehensive product strategy for delivering strategic vision and the Cycle Plan.
- Support the engagement with research agency partners for the category to monitor service levels and to ensure that they are aligned to the strategic direction and objectives of the Strategy, Planning and Insights function
- Ensure an up-to-date picture of competitive activities and performance to assess Reynolds relative position and resulting potential opportunities and threats.
- Identify, review and engage fit-for-purpose insights agencies especially in the area of new capabilities.
- 7 to 10 years consumer insights experience at a leading consumer-minded company, whether that be at a consumer package goods company, ecommerce/digital company etc.
- Qualitative & Quantitative Blend - expertise in a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, including, but not limited to: Consumer Segmentation, Brand Target Identification and Positioning, Brand Health Tracking, Advertising Development and Assessment, Innovation Insights, and Omni-Channel Insights.
- Familiarity with analytic research techniques and tools - digital understanding & engagement - as well as less traditional market research tools and methodologies (behaviour science, social listening, etc.) is a must.
- Understanding & appreciation for true human and societal understanding approaches; anthropology, ethnography, semiotics.
- Ability to translate insights from disparate data sources and articulate opportunities, risks, efficiencies and recommendations for leadership.
- Team leadership & Diversity - experience building, coaching and managing a high performing and diverse consumer insights team, including developing, adopting and cascading insights capabilities.
- Excellent storytelling skills demonstrated through strong public speaking and writing capabilities.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Strong communication skills to influence management and senior leaders to make decisions with a consumer-led mindset.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred.
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. We're a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each other's growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco p.l.c., and the U.S. parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands, Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; and Vuse Stores LLC. This position is with Reynolds Marketing Services Company (2600).
Here, you'll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive benefit plans, including:
- 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health- and welfare-benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Confidential personal financial counseling service
- On-site health clinics and fitness centers
- A matching grants program that enables employees to direct and double their donations to qualifying charitable organizations of their choice
- Health-care advocacy service
- Volunteer service opportunities
- Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
- Extensive training opportunities
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at email@example.com.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
California Privacy Notice