Intern will be responsible for a customer-centered end-to-end project that will bring strategic value to either marketing strategy, a future advertising campaign, or a vehicle launch team. Example projects include calculating the business impact of vehicle launches, measuring performance of new brand campaign, performing early buyer study, personifying segmentation targets, etc. Exposure will to be to a broad base of stakeholders and the intern will potentially need to collaborate across a range of clients, service providers, and team members. Ideal candidate will be naturally curious with the ability to connect dots across disparate data and/or market insight streams. Final deliverable with be presented to the Cadillac Management Team. Additional Job Description
- In progress graduate degree in computer science, analytics, market research, psychology, sociology, anthropology, marketing analytics, business administration or related field
- Interest and curiosity in using data to influence business outcomes via impactful visualizations and story-lines
- Proven analytical problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated experience in quant analysis / constructs / paradigms / models
- Strong project management skills
- Strong teamwork and communication skills and ability to work with all management levels
- Ability to collaborate successfully in cross functional and cross-regional teams
- Strong presentation skills: ability to communicate complex concepts with compelling, simple and impactful delivery
- Natural drive for contributing along with creating new processes and methodologies
- Experience with data manipulation (e.g., Excel pivot tables)
- Experience with data visualization (e.g., PowerPoint, Tableau)
- Understanding of market research methodologies & techniques
- Experience with digital insight tools and/or vendors preferred (e.g., Google analytics, Facebook API)
- Statistical software skills a plus (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS, STATA, XLSTAT, Excel Stat Pack)
- Database management skills a plus (e.g., Access, SQL, Hadoop)
This can be a remote and or hybrid position; Remote:
The selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States. Hybrid:
This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2022 Student Program
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $5300 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role. About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all. Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team. Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.