A confident and driven problem solver with a passion for building lasting relationships
We are Canvas8, the global leader in behavioral insights operating out of London, New York, and, LA. We help organizations grow through a better understanding of people. Primarily focused on media, communications, and product development, our insights inspire clients including Nike, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Google, Mindshare, Ogilvy, and Netflix.
Our work is about investigating the hidden insights in everyday life - from the psychology of boredom to teenage make-up rituals - and making them meaningful for brands. Our team is a blend of different disciplines and skills - from psychology to journalism, and anthropology to behavioral economics. What unites them is a desire to understand people and a passion for delivering outstanding work.
Our flagship product is the Canvas8 Membership, which includes the Canvas8 Library - an online platform of over 30,000 trend reports and case studies, spanning 15 industries, 9 markets and 6 generations. The Library is complemented by a toolkit that enables members access to our in-house analysts, expert network and bespoke research.
We've been running for ten years from our London base and have grown by more than 60% per annum over the last five years. Building on a significant US client list, we launched Canvas8 NY. While our London team is 50 strong, in New York we're in start-up mode - our American story is just beginning. We opened our Brooklyn office in September 2017 and, as our US client base grows, we're building a first-rate team.About The Role
Reporting to the Associate Director of Client Management, you'll be looking after an incredible portfolio of global clients from advertising, PR, media and brands. Your primary role will be to nurture and grow our existing client base while ensuring they're getting maximum benefit from their membership.
Whether it's onboarding new clients or re-engaging existing ones, you'll be instrumental in streamlining the service we offer. To make sure your portfolio of clients is fully engaged, you'll deliver key insights and opportunities that demonstrate an understanding of their unique business needs.
As you build long-term relationships with our clients, you'll strive to ensure that Canvas8 is their go-to partner for consumer insights. You'll act as their strategic advisor by curating behavioural trends from the Library and delivering them in new and engaging ways, from trend briefings to webinar workshops.
Alongside this, you will be responsible for servicing your client accounts, renewing memberships and identifying opportunities to engage them with our bespoke consultancy services.
It's a super varied role, balancing commercial and creative goals. Whether onboarding a new client, devising the best methodology for a client pitch or negotiating the expansion of an existing contract, no one day is the same.About The Day-to-day
- Nurturing and growing a portfolio of key existing accounts in US and APAC regions
- Identifying and developing upsell (account growth) and cross-sell (bespoke research and consultancy) opportunities within your portfolio
- Managing client relationships and providing on-demand support for strategic briefs and pitches
- Increasing client engagement through proactive communications, delivering engaging presentations, leading onboarding and training sessions, and managing client events
- Increase/maintain high Library engagement (usage and users) across your client base and monitor potential areas of improvement
Commercial minded, you'll have an aptitude for working to targets and devising creative ways to exceed them. You will have around 1-3 years of Account/Client Management experience ideally with a subscription based product and a solid track record of client success. As a strategic thinker, you'll be able to get to the heart of client brief and comfortably translate big ideas into understandable, actionable insights.
As a people person, you will have strong communication skills and enjoy building lasting relationships with your clients. Communication is central to our work, and being a good listener with the ability to read between the lines is integral. You'll be confident, articulate and not shy away from giving a great presentation.
You'll have a naturally curious mind, always looking to understand what makes people tick - from why Gen Y are eating so many avocados, to how an ageing brand can reconnect with its younger audience. You'll love what you do and be excited to use this knowledge to curate the right insights to support our clients' strategic thinking.
Finally, you'll have a great eye for detail and believe that success only comes with great organisation and by perfecting processes.What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years experience in an account management or client services role.
- Strong business and commercial acumen, comfortable with negotiating contracts
- Capable of communicating, building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of clients, including senior level executives
- A keen interest in human behaviour, trends and insights
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a flair for writing
- Excellent organization, project and time management as well as CRM mastery
- An understanding of the creative or media and communications industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit, thinking on your feet and keen to improve the way things are done
We believe in supporting our colleagues to do work that fascinates them we're a group of intelligent and kind people who want to see each other succeed.
Location Brooklyn, NYC
Start date ImmediatelyBenefits
- Company matching 401k
- 100% covered health insurance
- Competitive dental insurance
- 26 days holiday (including the usual public holidays)
- Savings Support via Payroll
- Commuter benefits
- Summer Fridays, other seasonal benefits and staff socials
If you think you're a good fit, please apply below outlining why and attaching your CV. Thank you for your interest. We're excited to meet you.