The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is building the modern data platform of choice for developers looking to build applications faster and more reliably. We power some of the world's most innovative technology products and services out of our offices worldwide, from New York to Sydney, Berlin to Dublin, and just about everywhere in between.
We're searching for a UX Researcher who is passionate about creating great, intuitive customer experiences and generating business impact. This researcher should care deeply about our customers and be driven to improving the product experience for them. The right person for this role is someone who can identify user problems, serve as an assertive advocate for the user, and facilitate a user-centered product development process.
We are remote optional through November 1, 2021 afterwards this role will be in-office in our New York City office long-term.About You
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be involved in all stages of the product design lifecycle-from identifying core user needs during the discovery phase to measuring impact on the user after a product is launched. By leveraging your broad skills in both qualitative and quantitative research, you will serve as a voice for the user and guide the user-centered design process.
You will help influence and define research processes, continuously finding opportunities to provide user insights to product teams to facilitate decision-making. You will lead projects, working with product designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure that user needs are deeply understood by all team members. You will also have opportunities to elevate the role of user research within MongoDB and mentor others on how best to apply research to their projects or how to conduct research on their own.Responsibilities
- Understand our users and potential users by identifying their motivations, needs, expectations, and goals
- Uncover areas of opportunity to improve the user experience of MongoDB products and services
- Work closely with stakeholders to clearly define research problems, distilling technically complex requirements into actionable research plans
- Identify actionable ways to improve our users' experience with MongoDB's products and services
- Collect and analyze data through a wide array of UX research methods including, but not limited to: field studies, surveys, competitive analyses, user interviews, card sorting, and live A/B testing
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions, with the underlying desire to understand the "why" and "how"
- Translate research findings into actionable insights for diverse audiences, including product designers, product managers, engineers, and C-level executives
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a portfolio of MongoDB products
- Facilitate ideation sessions with product stakeholders
Bonus Points for
- Undergraduate Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Human Factors, HCI/CS or a related field
- Well-versed in a variety of user research methods, and comfortable working with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrate working knowledge of study design, qualitative and quantitative user research best practices, and experimental design
- Superior communication skills and storytelling ability. You can properly contextualize research insights and articulate your thoughts clearly
- Empathetic, communicative, creative problem solver, and a passionate user advocate
Why Research at MongoDB?
- Advanced degrees in relevant fields
- Experience with software development or working knowledge of software developers' workflows
- Experience using user testing platforms and related software (i.e. usertesting.com, userzoom, qualtrics, etc.)
- Experience working as a researcher in an industry with a specialized audience (e.g. developers, bankers, etc.)
- We are a growing team in a company that values the insights we provide
- We value doing what's best for each other, for the product, and for our community of users
- We encourage open, honest, and authentic communication that's always respectful
- We give each researcher appropriate autonomy and ownership over their projects and encourage everyone to add their unique strengths and perspectives
- We benefit from both our collaborative research culture and our close-knit relationships with individual product teams
- We like to have fun
Each person that joins our team adds something unique and special, changing the team for the better. If you're passionate about technology and this Research team sounds like one you'd like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you!
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we're committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees' wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it's like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.