Over land and under water, SEARCH is an archaeology firm that deploys the full spectrum of cultural heritage services worldwide. SEARCH2O, our maritime program, is at the forefront of historic shipwreck and submerged precontact archaeology, paleolandscape reconstruction, and deep-water archaeology. We are cultural resource industry leaders, pioneers, and subject matter experts across 44 markets, regions, and research sectors. Since 1993, we have completed more than 4,000 Commercial and Government projects in 47 US states, 6 US territories, and 34 countries spanning 5 continents and 3 oceans. By integrating science, technology, and creativity, we harness the power of the past to advance the projects, places, and people we serve.
We have an immediate opening in the SEARCH Southeast region for full-time temporary Archaeological Technicians to support upcoming archaeological surveys and excavation projects.
SEARCH is dedicated to hiring the most competent, dedicated professionals in our field. Our culture is based on strong work ethic; consistent, high-quality performance; safe work practices; creativity; and excellence in business and staff relationships.
The position requires that candidates be able to:
* Conduct archaeological survey, monitoring, and excavation in support of fieldwork for Phase I, II, and III studies.
* Adhere to project health and safety plan and participate in office and field training.
* Use electronic and traditional navigational equipment (GPS, iPad/ArcCollector/Survey 123, compass, and transit) to orient yourself and perform fieldwork.
* Photo-document artifacts, ecofacts, features, excavation units, land use, landscapes, unique environmental features, historic structures, archaeological sites, unique environmental features, and work in progress and record an accurate photo log.
* Record accurate, organized, and clear field notes, maps, drawings, logs, forms, tables, databases, artifact bags, box labels, and other project documentation.
* Collect artifacts, ecofacts, and samples in accordance with the research design and keep an accurate field specimen log.
* Complete project tasks and errands as directed by the Archaeologist, Senior Archaeologist, and/or other project leadership.
* Maintain and organize field equipment, supplies, vehicles, and work site.
* Procure field equipment and supplies.
* Travel for extended periods of time.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Cover letter
* Work samples (if available)
* Send all inquiries to:
* Include the Job Posting code (AT-2021) in the subject line of your email
Other Important Need-to-Know Information
* This position can be based out of any of our SEARCH offices.
* Applicants must be eligible to be employed in the United States.
* Applicants must have reliable transportation.
* This position requires frequent travel.
* SEARCH offers a competitive total compensation package with strong health and wellness and retirement plans.
* Pay is commensurate with education and experience.
* Chosen candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check, including the DMV.
SEARCH is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.
SEARCH is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SEARCH is an Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
For more information about SEARCH, please visit [ and follow us on Facebook [ Instagram [ and LinkedIn [
Qualified candidates should have the following:
* Bachelors degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a closely related field.
* Completion of an accredited archaeological field school and/or six months of field experience.
* Valid drivers license, a good driving record, and access to reliable transportation.
* Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
SEARCH Compensation and Benefits include:
* Competitive Salary
* Per Diem (for overnight travel)
* SEARCH-subsidized Group Health Insurance (including Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage)
* SEARCH-provided Short-Term Disability Insurance
* SEARCH-provided Long-Term Disability Insurance
* SEARCH-provided Group Term Life Insurance
* Voluntary Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Emergency Travel Assistance
* Generous 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Paid Holidays (10)
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions