Sundance Consulting, Inc. (www.sundance-inc.net) is a Native-Owned/Woman-Owned, award-winning environmental and natural/cultural resources Small Business. Our success has been rewarded by a deep backlog of work and we look forward to continuing to accomplish our goals. We value your innovative thinking, technical expertise, business skills, and your ability to engage with our clients and our project teams. If you are a high-achiever with a client-focus and a passion for quality, innovative solutions, and environmental stewardship, you will be a perfect match with us.
Summary of Position:
Directly responsible for fulfilling all duties and responsibilities associated with archaeological fieldwork in Idaho, Utah, Washington, and Oregon.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting archaeological pedestrian surveys
- Archaeological data collection (GIS, photographs, site forms, site sketch, artifact sketch)
- Collecting soil, groundwater, and soil gas samples
- Measuring and recording water quality parameters
- Preparing high-quality field notes
- Work as a team member and independently
- Other duties as requested
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field
- At least 6 months of archaeological field experience
- Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation
- Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking long distances to and from project areas (up to 10 miles per day)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team
- Excellent attention to detail and detailed note taking skills
- A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography preferred.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must understand and comply with company safety standards
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a consistent basis
- Ability to pass drug screen and physical exam
- This is a temporary, part-time, non-exempt, hourly wage position. Approximately 45 to 50 hours per week
- Travels as necessary
Sundance is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.