CULTURAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PRACTICE
Our Cultural Resources Management practice, embedded under our Environmental Planning practice, performs a diverse array of cultural resources services for a wide spectrum of federal, state, and local agency clients, as well as private organizations. We provide archaeological and architectural history services that include California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) environmental compliance projects DESCRIPTION Michael Baker International is seeking several on call archeologists to support projects throughout California and Nevada!
The primary functions of a Cultural Resources Specialist is to prepare proposals, conduct archaeological research, records searches, monitoring, survey, testing, data recovery, excavation, CEQA/NEPA/Section 106 technical report preparation and review, and CEQA/NEPA environmental document cultural and tribal cultural resources sections preparation. The position requires strong research and writing skills and working with MS Word and Adobe. Travel for field survey will be required throughout California and Nevada. PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Best candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology (or related field).
- 5+ years of experience in Cultural Resources Management field archaeology.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws that apply to archaeology.
- Excellent analytical skills and exceptional technical writing ability.
- Capable of working in both an office and field environment.
- Able to communicate through all contemporary business mediums (i.e., email, telephone, video conferencing)
- Attention to detail, organization, and ability to follow instructions.
- A valid California driver's license.
- Ability to travel throughout California.
- Candidate can office out of any of our offices in California, Nevada and or from home.