Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resources Management Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client"s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for several on-call Field Archaeologist I positions, which can be based in our Chicago, IL, Glastonbury, CT, Latham, NY, Madison, WI, Morristown, NY, San Jose, CA or Washington, DC office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with field projects during all phases of archaeological testing (primarily Phase I and II)
- Detailed note taking and field record documentation
- Prehistoric and historic artifact identification
- Documenting Munsell soil descriptions
- Work as part of a team
Talent is the essence of meeting our client"s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we"d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic preservation, or related field
- Archaeological field school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions, and be able to follow instructions from their crew chief.
- This is an on-call, hourly position. Ability to travel and work on short notice is necessary, as additional opportunities to work in other states is possible. Hourly rates are industry competitive and based on North American CRM experience.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP"s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP"s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
Login to Apply User ID: Password:
Other Options Create an account
Return to search results
- Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart