Our people-centered, "People First" culture and "One Firm-Firm" motto promotes integrated teams that unite to shape the future of cities. Gensler's vision is to "Create a Better World through the Power of Design," and we do that by our deep commitment to our clients and by fostering a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive environment that enables our people to create impactful solutions together.Your Role
As a member of the Co-CEO Hub (the "Hub") leadership team, the Global Community Impact Leader will lead and enhance Gensler's global strategy to affect positive social impact in the communities that we serve through philanthropy, volunteerism, and pro-bono work. Working with the Co-CEOs and a network of more than 100 other Community Impact leaders around the world, you will drive impact across four broad categories: Next Generation, Health and Wellness, the Environment and Housing and Homelessness. You will maintain critical internal and external communication channels to foster relationship-building, information sharing and to create meaningful and measurable results.
The Global Community Impact Leader will be responsible for helping Gensler advance our Community Impact goals in three areas: partnering with clients, pursuing diversity equity and inclusion, and measuring impact. Working with Gensler practitioners, you will establish partnerships with like-minded Gensler clients to work together to solve the most pressing issues facing our cities today. You will leverage our diversity equity and inclusion leadership and resources with our community presence to play a key role in enacting our strategies to fight racism. Finally, you will build on our existing foundation of community impact to identify investment opportunities across the firm that will deliver measurable social change.
Gensler's Community Impact Leader will be a effective partner who establishes robust relationships with leadership across the firm. You will collaborate and manage existing infrastructure to enhance best-in-class programs and outcomes that are tailored for the diverse needs of our regional global community, in alignment with our One-Firm-Firm culture. What You Will Do
- Meet regularly with the Hub leadership team to stay informed about strategic and operational activities in the Hub and firm.
- Meet with Co-CEOs to provide updates and provide support for CEO led programs and initiatives.
- Work with an Advisory Group comprised of representatives from Gensler's regional practice to help establish regional strategies and annual budgets for Community Impact investments.
- Lead meetings with an existing Community Impact Steering Committee to focus on new ideas and firm strategies.
- Lead monthly, global All-Team meetings to share best practices and distribute timely Community Impact messaging and information.
Recognition and Communication
- Over the course of each year, direct the process for the Gensler Community Impact Awards, a juried program that recognizes team achievement in social impact across the firm. The awards are presented at the Gensler Annual Meeting.
- Edit and publish a quarterly internal newsletter sharing Community Impact information and best practices at Gensler.
- Produce periodic internal presentations with updates about Community Impact activities and outcomes to generate awareness and alignment at Gensler.
- Work with regional practice and marketing teams and serve as a subject matter expert to provide general information about Gensler's community impact programs.
- Manage and drive external communications through speaking engagements, created content for Gensler's social media channels and Dialogue blog, and direct outreach to clients and partners.
Strategic Vision + Transformational Leadership
- Design and lead the transformation of a multi-region program into a robust, integrated, and forward-looking community of engaged team members who support Gensler's Community Impact mission and vision.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to other communities of practice at Gensler, leveraging Gensler's "think global, act local" values.
- Promote inclusion in the workplace and reinforce Gensler's position as an advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Evolve strategies and goals, currently in place, to position Community Impact at Gensler for the future.
Life at Gensler
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant topics including: Business, Community Organizing, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Urban Issues, Planning, Architecture, Government, International Studies, or related fields. Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10-15 executive level experience leading Community Impact programs in a professional services environment.
- Demonstrated success in leading an organization towards "Best in Class"; innate ability to drive thought leadership around our values and build cohesive, global Community Impact program.
- Passionate about mentoring and growing talent and empowering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to earn stakeholder trust, confidence, and respect through active listening to gain influence.
- Experience in managing relationships and interactions in a highly networked organization, both domestically and internationally.
- Comfort with the ambiguity of complex reporting lines and stakeholders.
- High degree of emotional intelligence.
- Experience managing operational budgets and external partnership relationships.
- Willingness to adapt to future state HR technologies and automated processes.
Gensler is committed to . Through our Five Strategies to Fight Racism, we continue to create a just and equitable future for our colleagues and our communities with our clients. We are a solid voice for social change as we impact people's lives and fight racism. At Gensler, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment.
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler celebrates diversity and our commitment to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer of choice. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
You may view our Pay Transparency Statement, your EEO rights under the law, and EEO is the law supplemental information on our website. Gensler shares the right to work and participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Gensler endeavors to make gensler.com/careers accessible to all applicants. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us.
Regarding Gensler's approach to recruiting new talent, we will never ask an applicant for sensitive or personal financial information during the recruitment process. We advise all applicants seeking employment with Gensler to review available information on recruitment fraud. Anyone who suspects that they have been contacted by someone falsely representing Gensler should email firstname.lastname@example.org.