User Insights Lead for Gaming, Consumer Insights
This position is to be located at our Logitech office in Newark, CA or worked remotely in the US
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. We offer a unique opportunity to design, build and ship products that intersect the digital with the physical. We are a place where you are invited to bring your whole self to work. Confident, never arrogant - we value collaboration as much as craft. As part of Logitech, you embrace and live out the values of our company: Collaborate & Challenge, Decide & Do, Humble & Hungry, Open & Ourselves
The Consumer Insights Department
The Consumer Insights team works as part of Logitech's design group driving the creation of new and innovative products from inception to launch. As an in-house insights team, we provide qualitative, quantitative and strategic support for our business partners. Within the insights department we have three functions: People Insights, User Learning, and Functional Experts (who amplify the visibility and impact of the CI team's work). The People Insights team are focussed on keeping the business teams grounded in the reality of how people know, shop for, and use our products, and in helping surface unmet needs relevant to the categories where we play.
As an experienced UX Researcher, you will both support and lead the design, execution, analysis, and reporting of mixed-method UX research studies that look deep into the human experience. You will work in teams of strategists, designers, business leaders and engineers to lead and execute all aspects of the research process, from initial discovery to planning and executing a roadmap of iterative product testing.
Strategy & Collaboration
- Work with the global Gaming group to gather user insight that drives business strategy and new product innovation ideas.
- Provide a holistic understanding of user behavior and motivations across markets that can be leveraged in each phase of the design process and the user journey.
- Recognise and describe important trends that will affect the category in the future.
- Collaborate with the Senior Group Lead to define and manage the research plan for the category. Define what we actionably need to learn, not just react to research requests.
- Create strong collaborative relationships with research partners, ensuring high quality of work, value for money and articulation of insight and implication for Logitech business.
Design & Execution
- Design and execute mixed methodology research studies from A to Z, including methodology, recruitment, fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Conduct deep and immersive fieldwork in a variety of locations, both in the US and internationally
- Moderate 1-to-1 interviews, groups dialogues, and other forms of social facilitation
- Employ a rich and innovative mosaic of research methodologies, pulling upon various resources - ranging from psychology, sociology and anthropology to philosophy, economics and the humanities
- Capture fieldwork using video, still photography, & audio in order to share internally
- Transcribe, code, and analyze research data to identify patterns and build insights
Reporting & Delivery
- Guide and coordinate cross-functional insight generation sessions
- Report insights back into the organization through a variety of narrative and visual storytelling techniques including models and frameworks
- Design and lead co-creation workshops with target consumers, thought leaders, and others
- Review secondary research, reports, literature, etc. in order to identify and communicate cultural trends of interest to the business
- Deliver reports and presentations with confidence to all levels of the business.
- Maintain accurate and complete filing of all insight and project work
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in a research-related field such as Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, or Behavioral Economics
- 3+ years conducting qualitative research within a business setting
- 3+ years of experience conducting interviews and moderating group dialogues
- 3+ years experience utilizing ethnographic research tools: participant observation, semiotics, surveys, journals, etc.
- 3+ years experience in product testing (i.e. usability testing, human factors, heuristics, etc.)
- Experience working with cross functional teams as part of the research process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Proficiency with video, still photography and audio recording equipment
- Video editing and/or visual storytelling skills a nice plus
- Cultural and international curiosity, passion for product, and interest in technology
- Verbal/written proficiency in a second language a nice plus
- Someone who is a deep, creative thinker, insatiably curious, and loves to discover new ways of seeing the world
- International research experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.