Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product designers and engineers to make the best social platform for Facebook's billion users. Our work ranges from formative to evaluative, from ethnography to experimentation, and it involves collaboration between qualitative and quantitative researchers. For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in qualitative and mixed methods, including product-focused lab studies, usability evaluation, contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and rapid ethnography.The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about social platforms, comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on bringing compelling and relevant online experiences to as many people as possible around the world.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with quantitative researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- MS/PhD in human-computer interaction, anthropology, sociology, communication, market research, information science, or a related field
- Interest in and experience executing hands-on, primary research
- Experience with survey research (questionnaire design, sampling, analysis)
- Ability to communicate analysis and results to audience
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Experience with SQL and Python
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research
- Experience with user research supporting accessibility
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.