Amazon employees around the world uphold our unique corporate culture by embodying our Leadership Principles. Learn more .
Sr. Quantitative UX Researcher
Job ID: 1580303 | Amazon.com Services LLC
Too many things to do. Too few hours in the day. Sound familiar? It's the life of our customers - often stressful, always busy, not nearly restful enough. We're looking for someone who can deeply understand our customers lives and thinking, so that we can can help them feel organized, calm, and on top of daily life.
A day in the life
· Collaborate with designer, researchers, and PMs on how to define and answer the biggest problems facing our customers
· Conduct real research with customers, such as through user tests, panels, or interviews
· Help plan our big research initiatives and roadmaps, aligning unanswered questions with future products
· Grab some virtual or real coffee with your friendly, collaborative, and banter-prone team of designers and researchers
About the hiring group
The HHO CX team is made of researchers, visual designers, and voice designer who are all passionate about building real experiences for real life. Outside of work, we love to explore, read, cook, and a few of us are very into video games. We're from different walks of life, different countries, and express gender and non-gender in a variety of ways, and we are fiercely inclusive. We believe what makes you unique is core to the strength of the perspective you bring to work and to life.
Our Alexa team is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to help us build experiences that help people better organize their lives and make time for the things that are truly important to them. We conduct research that spans every area of people's daily lives - from starting the day to getting to work on time, getting food on the table, and bringing families closer together. Our research work includes generative, formative, and evaluative studies. It ranges from immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies, all of which help address research needs across all phases of design and product development.
We run studies both at our onsite usability home lab, as well as through our "Insights Lab" external panel. Ideal candidates can both conduct and delegate research as projects require.
You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, deeply knowledgable and experienced in UX research methods, and able to thrive in a fast-moving organization. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, design research methods, and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail-oriented.
There will be overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. You'll work effectively with voice and visual designers, PMs, and engineers to go from loosely-formed customer questions to confident, concrete conclusions on how to tangibly improve products. Most of all, you're excited by translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
· Identify and prioritize research questions based on the analysis of existing product designs, customers needs, project goals, and risks
· Employ the best research methods, including managing research agencies based on research questions, timelines, and resourcing
· Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to uncover insightful and actionable results that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
· Ability to drive research initiatives that range from qualitative and forward-looking to quantitative evaluation of current products
· Communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management
· Write clearly and concisely, producing reports which are thorough and actionable
· Deliver impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap
· Organize, maintain, and run our Insights Lab customer panel program, with the option of scaling it larger
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience conducting applied UX research in an industry setting
· End-to-end experience conducting all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
· Experience applying user research methods including semi-structured interviews, field research, surveys, questionnaire design, diary studies, and usability studies
· Experience mentoring other researchers
· A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
· Experience working with stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into research questions and research designs
· Experience working with and managing external vendors. Experiencing building and maintaining communities is a huge bonus!
· Graduate degree in Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
· Experience conducting research on voice-based experiences
· 7+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX and market research in an applied industry setting
· Experience with international research
· Demonstrated success influencing product and design decisions with research insights
· The ability to extract actionable insights from qualitative data
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.