Kiddom enables teachers and learners to unlock their full potential. Education technology is increasingly fragmented across various applications, undermining utility and causing cognitive overload, frustration, and ultimately, rejection. Kiddom is building a unified collaborative learning platform for educators to integrate content, curriculum, and analytics in one place.
Kiddom is growing, and we continue to add brilliance and expertise to our Design Team. We are looking for an outstanding UX Researcher to join in our mission, help us understand, define and create momentous experiences.
We understand the crucial role of research in product development, and practice it as a part of our design process. We are, however, very excited to have an opportunity to hire our first dedicated researcher. As such, you will be working directly with us on product development, but also shaping what research means at Kiddom, and evangelizing the value and impact of rigorous investigation. Our goal is to provide support for our users and to chart a course for the future of education, and we know that research is a key component of this pursuit.
As a member of our team, you will
- Understand the state of Edtech, the landscape and the fundamentals of education.
- Work closely with the product team to understand the needs of Teachers, Students, Admins and Guardians.
- Plan and lead research, leveraging a broad range of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Clearly communicate data to influence product decisions that result in superlative user experiences and measurable business impact.
- Champion best practices, and help to build a culture of critical thinking across the organization.
What we look for
- Degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of research experience, conducting practical and impactful research across the product cycle, from generative to evaluative and everywhere in between.
- Ability to inform and participate in product decisions from definition to launch (and after), working at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and UX best practices
- Impeccable organizational and analytical skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver concise and meaningful analyses and presentations to multiple stakeholders
- Collaborative spirit, a commitment to quality, and a genuine appreciation for the impact technology can have for students and teachers.
What Kiddom offers
- The opportunity to help define the future of K-12 education
- A team that cares about product design as much as you do
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health benefits: medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible vacation policy
- An inclusive, positive team culture
- An energetic and collaborative team focused on building transformative education technology