Goldman Sachs is a leading innovator, transforming the world of finance. Our User Research team is leading these changes by uncovering what matters most to our users, and informing how we can design and build products/services that add value to people's lives.
We are looking for an experienced and capable User Researcher to join our research team. Our practitioners have expertise in human-computer interaction, cognitive and behavioral psychology, computer science, neuroscience, human factors, and ergonomics. This unique skill set allows us to partner with business and technology teams firm-wide to create applications that are easy to use, engaging, powerful, and competitive. We are looking for a seasoned mixed-methods practitioner who can introduce research to product teams, launch research programs, and conduct studies to deliver insights on user needs and problems, workflows, and usability.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the firm.How will you fulfill your potential?
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- As an experienced User Researcher, you will be responsible for scoping and crafting research strategy, conducting research, and delivering actionable insights for a strategic Cloud-based research program within financial services.
- You must be innovative, creative, and an analytical problem solver.
- You must also have extensive experience working with development teams in an agile environment, have superior interpersonal skills, excellent communication and organization skills and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
ENGINEERING - At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Basic qualifications:
- Graduate degree or equivalent in user experience, interaction design, human factors, psychology, anthropology, or related fields.
- 8+ years of experience in mixed-methods user research, in the context of product management, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design for digital experiences.
- Demonstrated mastery in a variety of research methods, including interviews, usability testing, and survey design.
- Experience planning and facilitating workshops (hypothesis, concepting, design-thinking, insights) with stakeholders to generate impactful research insights.
- Connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights on a higher order.
- Utilize analysis methods, such as affinity diagraming, to synthesize findings and pull out actionable recommendations.
- Leverage heuristics, Voice of the Customer (VoC), statistical analyses, and other insightful methods to triangulate user pain points.
- Conduct competitive and comparative research and analysis to complement user research.
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
- Independently scope and plan a research program (can include multiple projects with multiple related studies), consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members.
- Domain expertise in the financial sector a plus.
- Experience conducting user research for complex business applications.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design processes and principles.
- Experience with data visualization and visual design a plus.
- Understanding of inclusive design and how to evaluate the accessibility of user interfaces.
- Not required, but a plus: link to your online research portfolio or attach research deliverable samples
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity