When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Our Experience Team is made up of passionate user experience professionals with expertise in user research, usability testing, and design. As a member of our Experience Team, you will be working closely with product teams and contribute throughout the entire product development life cycle. Collaboration is key to our success, and user research is one of many key players in creating a better connected product experience. You'll be expected to leverage a variety of qualitative and quantitative techniques to capture and share research often, and to partner with teams to make sure findings are actionable. We encourage a detail-oriented approach and a sense of autonomy, as you will be expected to think critically and guide your stakeholders through research insights.
- Plan and conduct user research and communicate results throughout Verizon Connect. This includes organizing participant recruitment for your studies independently and with assistance from recruiting vendors/partners.
- Refine project goals across Verizon Connect product, design, development, and marketing teams into comprehensive research plans.
- Develop framework/methodologies for research to understand users, customers, and stakeholders.
- Use research insights to establish product-market fit (e.g., Lean Product Playbook) and prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Develop summarized reports to contribute to our research repository.
- Support design colleagues by developing standards/templates and reviewing their research plans for design research like concept testing and usability studies.
- Grow, support, and evolve user experience research efforts at Verizon Connect (including our consumer, commercial, and HW products) while disseminating, using, and educating on best practices.
- Empower your fellow researchers to break out of silos, socialize research across Verizon Connect, and raise the bar on quality of research work.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with qualitative user research, including the following: sampling/recruiting, contextual inquiry, field research, service design, user testing, in-depth interviews, surveys, and focus groups.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree or comparable training in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, Anthropology, Design Research, Media Studies, or a related, user-centered / human-centered domain.
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience conducting generative and evaluative user experience research and applying insights within a B2C or B2B company.
- Diverse data analysis experience, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative skill sets.
- A curious and analytical mindset: you know how to ask the right questions and get meaningful data to answer them. You have excellent communication skills and can help tell stories around insights that will help other teams execute on your findings.
- Ability to quickly assess company needs to develop and execute a research plan. You identify key research questions and objectives in partnership with product, design, and engineering teams, as well as managing multiple research vendors and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience across a variety of users, products, and solutions, including hardware products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture) page to learn more.