TRC Companies, Inc. is a global consulting, engineering, and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC has an opening for an Archaeological Crew Chief to report to our Pittsburgh, PA office. This is a part-time, as-needed position.
This person will support large-scale and small-scale projects throughout PA, OH, NY, and WV. We are looking for an individual that is enthusiastic about their work, yet also possesses a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and they will help to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges. This position will require frequent travel away from the home office. TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.
- Direct all types of archaeological projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-year and multi-state projects
- Handle planning, logistics, and supervision of fieldwork for projects as assigned and assist with report writing, under the direction of the Field Director/Principal Investigator
- Promote TRC safety and quality standards, policies and procedures and ensure field employees comply
- Ensure that all work and data collected are accurate, organized, and of high quality
- A Bachelor's degree in Anthropology is required, Masters preferred
- 1-5 years of experience in all aspects of archaeological fieldwork with supervisory experience
- Some familiarity with digital field technology (GPS units, tablets, cameras)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to safety
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner, with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- The ability to work well on a team and individually
- Basic knowledge of Section 106 and state and federal regulations and environmental review processes and requirements
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com