Primary Skills: UX Researcher, Qualitative, Surveys, HCI Duration: 6-12 Months + Possible extension Contract Type: W2/C2C Responsibilities
- Design and conduct independent research using a variety of qualitative research methods, innovating on methods when needed to answer emerging research questions.
- Running usability studies and reporting out on results. Would be working closely to support a researcher on the team.
- Create high quality deliverables to inform key product decisions
- Communicate effective research findings to cross-functional team members and stakeholders
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Evaluate usability of new and existing patterns and components, focused on users with disabilities, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Present your work and communicate with an extended team across multiple locations (NYC, SVL, MUC, SEA)
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
Having as many of these specific qualifications is a plus, but transferable skills/experiences may be equally valuable
To follow up with any questions, please contact Vikash at 408-907-6161
- Ph.D. degree (or equivalent work experience) with an emphasis on research methods (in human-computer interaction, psychology, statistics, computer science, or a related field).
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a UX research setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Experience working on a design system or horizontal initiative in a large, complex organization
- Prior experience with conducting accessibility research, including research with assistive technology users.
- Prior experience researching a program with a complex organization.
- A desire to move quickly and innovate on the way we do research.
Akraya is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US. We offer comprehensive benefits including Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Cafeteria Plan (HSA, FSA, and dependent care), 401(k) (enrollment subject to eligibility), and Sick Pay (varies based on city and state laws).
If this position is not quite what you're looking for, visit akraya.com and submit a copy of your resume. We will get to work finding you a job that is a better fit at one of our many amazing clients.
Akraya is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Akraya is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.