What we are looking for:
We are looking for an early UX Researcher career to join our user-centric company. If you love empathizing with users and talking to people, then check this job out.
What you can expect:
It is a really exciting time to join the Nexis Solutions team! We recently completed a platform migration and are now primarily focused on solving new and complex problems for our users. Our UX Researchers continuously act as the voice of the customer to ensure that the teams we support are empathizing with our users' needs. You'll be leading discovery activities and working alongside our in-house team of UX Designers, Product Managers and Developers to help build products that transform the way professionals use news and business information to make smarter decisions.
While your role will be to support our agile teams, you won't be alone! In addition to collaborating with other early career researchers, our more seasoned UX Researchers will be there to guide and mentor you so aren't overwhelmed. This position will also provide ample opportunities for you to exercise a wide range of research methodologies and even learn new ones under the guidance of more experienced researchers.
• Planning and conducting user research and usability testing to inform the design and development of our products.
• Writing the outputs of user research and prioritizing findings to effectively communicate to the agile teams.
• Working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary agile team, including the wider UX team in research activities such as analysis.
• To manage the logistics of user research, e.g. planning and scheduling research sessions and recruiting participants with support from the Senior UX Researchers
• Maintaining a user-centered approach when collaborating with the agile teams
• Communicating research findings in a clear and simple way so that user needs and usability issues are clearly understood by the team
* Minimum of 6+ months of experience in UX research methodologies.
* Minimum of 6+ months of experience working with Agile development teams with multi-disciplinary functions.
* Minimum of 6+ months of experience with Qualtrics, Calendly, Tetra Insights, and/or MS Teams.
* Minimum of 6+ months of experience working in a B2B organization.
* BA/BS in HCI/ Cognitive Psychology/ Anthropology/ Sociology/ Computer Science.
* Experience working with large data sets and/or product analytics.
* Experience working with content portals.
* Experience with quantitative data analysis.
* Experience with various qualitative coding techniques.
* Has demonstrated evidence of staying up to date on industry trends in UX research.
* Willingness to be mentored and learn from experienced researchers.
If you have a passion for building exceptional digital products, have demonstrated successful skills to empathize with the use and represent the voice of the customer then join our UX team and help us to pioneer better solutions for our business.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.