For The Children (FTC) is seeking an experienced Director of International Relations
to join our team. As a vital member of our staff, the Director will provide strategic advice to the Executive Team to ensure programs are achieving maximum impact and advancement of the FTC mission in countries outside the United States. In addition to ensuring our effectiveness in areas we currently serve; the Director of International Programs will seek to expand and strengthen our impact in our current partner countries as well as develop FTC chapters in new countries.
The FTC Director of International Programs will:
- Be responsible for the overall management and outcomes of our current programs in the UK, South Africa, Australia, SE Asia, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Namibia, Uganda, and Chile with support from the FTC headquarters
- Work closely with the Country and Chapter Directors to ensure compliance with FTC's policies and procedures
- Ensure effective evaluation of programs and impact.
- Identify and develop international funding opportunities to increase capacity and sustainability of our international chapters and programs
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams.
Experience and Skills of a Competitive Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in International Relations, International Development, Anthropology, Social Sciences, Public Health, Social Work, or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing and developing international program operations.
- Solid understanding of international grant management and prospecting.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, cultural competency, and proven ability to build trust with international partners from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Established relationships with international Christian funders
- Experience living abroad and building cultural competency in new communities
- Cross-cultural work experience
- Experience in US-based Christian nonprofits with international programs
Subject to the United States Constitution, and all applicable state and federal laws, For The Children does not discriminate in its employment practices.