RESEARCH ASSISTANT - AMUS Coordinator
Number of Vacancies
32 - Provost & VP Academic Affairs
H6614-Center Urban Studies
Essential Functions (Job Duties)
· Become knowledgeable about national AmeriCorps requirements, policies, and procedures; demonstrate adherence to AmeriCorps guidelines.
· Provide daily direction and oversight to a team of AmeriCorps service members: lead team meetings; assess performance of individual team members and provide regular feedback and areas for improvement; and implement disciplinary procedures as appropriate.
· Track data on program outputs and accomplishments; ensure data is properly collected and entered into tracking system; and prepare regular progress reports.
· Maintain work plans, task lists, and project calendars on a regular basis and meet interim deadlines.
· Assist in drafting project updates and reports for submission to funders.
· Represent AMUS at local AMUS events, community gatherings, workshops, and trainings (must be available nights and weekends).
· Coordinate crime prevention research duties for AmeriCorps members involved in the AmeriCorps Urban Safety Project (AMUS).
· Assist in coordinating multiple crime prevention survey data collection efforts for one or more research projects - may include other collaborating agencies or institutions.
· Prepare regular updates to Center Director and Managing Director.
· Bachelor's Degree in any area of social science research (including political science, anthropology, demography, education, geography, psychology, public health, social work, sociology, and urban studies) required.
· Professional experience working in a public service organization (governmental, university, or nonprofit).
· Familiarity with AmeriCorps programs and policies is highly desirable.
· Must be self-motivated and able to initiate and complete tasks independently; strong organizational and problem-resolution skills; detail-oriented.
· Must demonstrate strong capacity to collaborate and work as a team member. Comfortable providing constructive feedback.
· Excellent communication skills; ability to present effectively to diverse groups, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be confident communicating through virtual channels with team members and others.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Google products (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Forms, Calendar, etc.).
· Previous experience with online data management and reporting systems used by AmeriCorps (eGrants and/or OnCorps) is an advantage.
Wayne State University requires all students, faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at:WSU Covid-19 Website (https://wayne.edu/coronavirus)
Duration of Posting
Fiscal Year of Job Open Date
Job Open Date
(When job is posted in the system)
Job Close Date
(or until suitable candidate is found)
Until Suitable Candidate is Found
Is this position reposted?
Background Check Requirements
University policy requires certain persons who are offered employment to undergo a background check, including a criminal history check, before starting to work. If you are offered employment, the University will inform you if a background check is required.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Represented Position Message
Salary (Hire Max)
$32,000 - $37,000
Is Position Bump Ineligible?
(Non-Academic, Represented positions only. Select 'No' for Academic. Select N/A if Non-represented.)
**NOTE: If 'Yes' is selected, then this is a Bump Ineligible Position (BIP). The person who bids or hires into this 100% grant funded position has no bumping rights upon grant expiration or in a reduction of force.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Disabled/Vets