Job Description - Vice President/Director of Market Research - E*TRADE Market Insights (3171668)
Vice President/Director of Market Research - E*TRADE Market Insights
Job Number: 3171668
Posting Date : Sep 7, 2021
Primary Location : Americas-United States of America-New York-New York
Job : Marketing Research
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Level : Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. About the Market Insights Team
E*TRADE's Market Insights team develops market-based insights to drive strategy and decision-making across the business. We are currently seeking a Vice President / Director who will be a core part of the firm's Market Insights Team. This individual should have experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with experience identifying people's needs, motivations, and problems through the application of applying research techniques to inform the development of new features/products and Marketing campaigns. Role Summary
- Provide an unbiased look into quantitative and qualitative data to help guide strategic decisions for the organization. You will design research plans that gather evidence ensuring our Marketing/Product decisions are made with sufficient insight from our customers, mitigate risk, and guide our decisions to the best solution.
- You will work closely with senior leaders in the organization to promote a customer-centric mindset and help the organization to make informed decisions, as well as to ensure accountability to user insights and goals throughout the project lifecycle.
- Advise and support internal teams in the formulation and execution of end-to-end research projects that align with key business questions, ensuring effective research design, high quality synthesis of insights, and thoughtful translation of data into actionable recommendations.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, nimble environment. You actively stay on top of cutting-edge technologies, research techniques/best practices and industry tools. This is a hands-on role and you should be adept at leading client presentations, stakeholder interviews, and analyzing/defining audience needs.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, or Information Science
- 7+ years of work experience in a related field
- Has a wide variety of research experience covering generative, foundational, tactical research methods with p roven track record successfully leveraging a wide variety of research methodologies (e.g. Quantitative Studies, Focus Groups, IDIs, Heuristic Evaluation).
- Hands on experience planning/conducting focus groups and communicating insights
- Experience in storytelling and developing presentations for senior level audiences (i.e. connecting-the-dots)
- Demonstrated capability in building research capacity and thinking in organizations - advising, training, and supporting others to elevate their research quality and utility
- Strong attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity
- Financial Services Industry experience a plus