- location:Mountain View, CA
- salary:$35 - $59 per hour
- date posted:Wednesday, September 8, 2021
- job type:Contract
The Trust and Safety team helps YouTube grow responsibly, and keep our creator and user communities safe and enjoyable for all. The TnS team is dedicated to supporting YouTube's growing base of users, creators and partners around the globe, and defining the guardrails for acceptable content and behaviour, and how they impact the user experience. The Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world. This is the team where you'll help shape the future of a safer YouTube.
The Trust and Safety UX Research team is looking for a Researcher to support research to help YouTube improve tooling and process efficiencies of our Trust and Safety tool users. This role will involve running internal usability studies, conducting bi-weekly shadowing sessions, and managing recruiting of internal tool users and subject matter experts. This individual will also be responsible for analyzing data and reporting findings from the shadowing and usability sessions. This is a 6 month role with an opportunity to extend to a 12 month role.
This individual will play an important role on YouTube's Trust and Safety team, which works tirelessly to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our users. By joining this team you will help shape the future of a safer YouTube.
- 4-5 years experience on a User Experience Research team with product team (tech)
- 4-5 years synthesizing and documenting research insights
- 4-5 years experience conducting evaluative and usability research
- 4-5 years experience with research design, utilizing various research methods- including usability studies, contextual inquiries, generative studies and surveys.
- 1 year of research coordination, including recruiting, scheduling and screening
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, HCI or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with mixed method research
- strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 59 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Planning and executing tactical research
- Synthesizing and analyzing study data
- Support coordination needs for research findings (recruiting, scheduling, documenting etc.).
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.