About the Job
Dudek is seeking an archaeological/ paleontological lab intern to assist our senior archaeologists/paleontologists with archaeological/paleontological lab out of our Encinitas office. The successful candidate should be motivated and able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned by Dudek's senior cultural staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
Potential duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Reducing the size of fossiliferous rocks using power tools, hammers, and chisels in preparation for curation at local museums in southern California.
- Stabilizing fossil specimens using various consolidants and glues.
- Artifact and Fossil specimen data entry.
- Filling out, printing, and cutting to size artifact and fossil specimen labels.
- Processing archaeological (prehistoric and historic) artifacts (washing, labeling, counting, weighing)
- Prepping archaeological collections for final curation
- Conduct research for historical age resources (e.g. makers marks)
- Artifact descriptions for use in Department of Park and Recreation (DPR) forms
- B.S. or B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology/Geology/Biology, or related field preferred, but potential candidates working towards any of these degrees will be considered.
- No specific laboratory experience is required; however, previous laboratory experience is a plus.
- Good written, oral, and listening skills required.
- Experience with basic Microsoft programs, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and the aptitude to learn new programs required.
- Ability to lift heavy objects (50+ pounds)
Dudek is a leading California-based environmental and engineering firm that helps public and private clients plan and implement reliable, effective, and compliant projects. Founded in 1980, Dudek is a stable company that has grown steadily to more than 600 professionals across the U.S., located primarily in offices in California, Hawai'i, and Oregon.
As an employee-owned company, Dudek's culture rewards smart, productive team members with professional and financial benefits. Our offices are designed to encourage collaboration, sustainability, and connectivity with the surrounding communities.
Please visit www.dudek.com to learn more!
Powered by JazzHR