UPMC Health Plan is among the nation's fastest-growing health plans. It is owned by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), a world-renowned health care provider. As part of an organization rooted in medical excellence, UPMC Health Plan is committed to being a partner in health, financial security, and peace of mind.
We are headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh. Fully-remote employees may be required to travel occasionally throughout the year
At UPMC Health Plan, we put health within reach through digital innovation. The Experience Strategy team uses human centered design to elevate the voice of our customers and generate concepts for improved customer experiences. Our team exists in the "fuzzy front end" of the innovation process. We are change agents leading business transformation and helping our business partners to embrace innovation.
Research: You will uncover customer insights and create influence by
- Using a variety of research methods to answer complex questions (e.g. interviews, diary studies, user testing products/prototypes and more)
- Looking across research projects for higher level learnings and connections
- Using storytelling and videos to bring customers into the room
- Translating research insights into recommendations that can be applied
Strategy: You will bridge customer needs with business opportunities by
- Drawing connections between research insights and business goals
- Identifying opportunities for innovation
- Learning from analogous industries (e.g. how does banking solve this problem?)
- Strengthening concepts with data and pitching new ideas to leadership
Design: You will generate new and improved customer experiences by
- Helping to frame big problems for our partners and cross-functional teams
- Supporting Design Sprint workshops, each starting with a challenge and concluding with reactions from real customers on a prototyped solution
- Using Design Sprint learnings to activate change and innovation across the business
- Bachelor's degree in design, UX, product development, communication, anthropology, psychology or related discipline from an accredited college or university (or comparable degree and/or experience.)
- Experience in a consumer product design, service design, product development or related role (required). Related educational experience including internship/externship will be considered.
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research through methods such as interviewing, observation, surveys, participation activities, and document and literature reviews. Successful synthesis and analysis of findings.
- Experience working across the entire design process from user research, insights, ideation, prototyping & iteration, detailed design and bridging to implementation.
- Experience with digital product development experience with proven ability to translate business and user problems into solid solutions (preferred).
- Experience in the following with depth of expertise in at least one of them: Information Architecture, User Research, Usability Testing, Interaction Design, Content Strategy, Human Factors, Visual and Information Design, Ethnographic Research
- Working knowledge of software including but not limited to Microsoft 365 programs, Adobe Creative Suite, research platforms like UserZoom, or equivalent software.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran