To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
Who is MuleSoft:
MuleSoft, an independent business unit of Salesforce, is looking for an exceptional Product Designer to envision, design, and build the next generation of developer tool and application network user experiences for businesses around the globe, enabling them to evolve their practices, and serve their end customers.
MuleSoft is changing how the world connects by building a platform that unlocks information and simplifies the design and management of enterprise data integrations. APIs are the catalyst for this change, and MuleSoft has been at the forefront of this innovation since launching the first true enterprise iPaaS (integration platform as a service) system, Anypoint Platform.
About Product Design at MuleSoft
MuleSoft has an entrepreneurial culture, and a creative and forward-thinking mindset. The Product and Content Experience team is a highly collaborative organization of talented practitioners who are mission-driven to serve our users. Come help us build impactful and innovative things!
About the Product
Anypoint Platform is a highly scalable product that offers enterprise-level services to help companies join their systems-of-record into an application network, increasing the speed of their businesses. Anypoint Platform serves a wide variety of users, from highly technical developers, to non-technical business users like legal or compliance teams. Above all, the goal of Mulesoft products is to make data integration dramatically easier for all. MuleSoft offers a range of products, from robust IDEs for developers, to low-code integration tools for business users.
About the Team
MuleSoft has an entrepreneurial culture, and a creative and forward-thinking mindset. The Product and Content Experience team is an organization of talented practitioners who are mission-driven to serve our users. The role will suit any product designer who enjoys driving to the simplicity on the far side of complexity. Come help us build impactful and innovative things!
What You'll Do
- Develop a user research agenda for your areas and shape the prioritization of research within those areas.
- Work on fast-paced projects, requiring attention to detail, working within constrained timelines, and strong collaboration with cross-functional teams (UX designers, visual designers, user researchers, technical writers, product managers, and engineering) throughout the planning and development life cycle.
- Develop and execute user research studies using appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to produce tactical, strategic, actionable, and durable insights that inform design and development.
- Lead analyses that triangulate telemetry and qualitative data, developing mixed methods approaches to understanding our users.
- Influence decision-making through effective presentation of findings, including the creation of customer-centered narratives to frame problems and highlight the business value of potential solutions.
- Develop and share expertise related to how people create, share, manage, and utilize data visualizations, dashboards, machine learning models, and advanced analytics within organizations.
- Be a strategic partner with your leadership team and key executives across the business to help shape long-term vision by identifying and advocating for opportunities to delight and better serve our customers through new features, strategic directions, and user experience improvements.
- Build and shape our user research team's tools and practices to scale our impact and create durable insights across the organization.
- You are Educated in a Relevant Field. Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Communication, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Information Science, or related field.
- 3+ years work experience conducting user research plus a strong portfolio of shipping software products. Demonstrated ability to plan, design, execute, and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements, structure and lead internal and external workshops, and analyze the outcomes to provide insight for stakeholders. Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills.
- You are curious about technology and can dive into complex or unfamiliar topics. Bonus: Experience working in enterprise software, analytics, databases, or cloud services is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for UX design principles, and expert understanding of user research methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Hands-on experience analyzing data and using analytic software products or relevant programming languages. You love understanding data, patterns and trends. Numbers are your friends. You can dig into the details but always see the big picture. Familiarity with basic statistical methods and concepts, and experience using one or more Tableau or Tableau CRM products is desirable.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and have experience working with multidisciplinary or cross-functional agile teams (e.g. design, product management, engineering).
- You have great communication and interpersonal skills. You can clearly communicate ideas, effectively present research insights as compelling narratives to a variety of audiences, and generate persuasive written and multimedia reports. Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form (https://careers.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form) .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com (http://salesfore.com/) or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the "Most Admired Companies in the World" and one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" eleven years in a row, and named "Innovator of the Decade" and one of the "World's Most Innovative Companies" eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that's so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.