Illuminate seeks exceptionally qualified individuals to serve as an Expert-level Portuguese Language-Enabled Socio-Cultural Analyst (LESCA-E) to support USSOCOM. The LESCA-E provides socio-cultural overview for specified Areas of Interest (AOI) with detailed analysis of populations and their relationships with VEOs, TCOs, ESAs, and local Governments. Provide socio-cultural advice and expertise on major components of human society (economic, demographic, legal/regulatory, political/institutional, social/cultural, religious/ideological, and relevant geographic variables). Research, analyze, and produce analytical products encompassing atmospheric information.
Fuse multi-intelligence reporting to conduct predictive analytics, spatial data, human terrain, and social networking and create cohesive all-source products. Identify and analyze socio-cultural factors and behavior trends making local populations vulnerable to external influence, extremists, ESAs, TCOs, and their radical messaging as well as to threat entities involved in illicit activity. Analyze the socio-cultural factors which favor extremists and other threat actors/entities. Conduct tactical, operational, and strategic analysis to identify moderate populations capable and willing to counter extremist ideology or counter great power competitors. Identify strengths and weaknesses among groups and individuals within localized social networks. Identify exploitable operational opportunities within the socio-cultural fabric of an AOI tailored for use within an asymmetric environment.
Employees must maintain global readiness and be available to deploy on a no-notice basis to hazardous duty/combat zones. Deployments may be to a theater of operations with permissive, uncertain, or hostile environments while living in austere conditions for extended periods.
Expert-level Portuguese Language-Enabled Socio-Cultural Analyst (LESCA-E) shall possess the following qualifications:
- LESCA-E shall have a minimum of eight (8) years of socio-cultural analysis experience
- Graduate-level degree (MA/MS) in a social science discipline or 5+ years on an Intelligence Community team or SCA team
- Five (5) years intelligence experience with analysis, reporting, and briefing
- Eight (8) years of experience with social/cultural studies (e.g., anthropology, sociology, political science, etc.) or developmental economics
- Language proficiency rating of 2+ interpretation and 2+ translation in Portuguese
- Current Top Secret clearance and SCI eligible.
- Must possess a valid US passport
- Must be able to pass all pre-deployment requirements including a medical, dental, psychological, background, credit, and security screens as deemed necessary to be considered deployable
Must be able to obtain all required immunizations deemed necessary by the contract
Illuminate provides full-spectrum solutions and services to address the needs of our global clients across the commercial, homeland security, defense, and public sector industries. Its mission is focused on one objective: providing solutions that accelerate our customers' operational decision making. Illuminate enables this ability by matching its multi-source data acquisition technologies and tradecraft-driven analytic services with superior large-scale AI/ML-enabled data enrichment, engineering methodologies, and our unique mission-oriented subject matter expertise. Equal employment opportunity employer:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Illuminate is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.