Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Lead User Researcher - Consumer Card & Bank Experience Design
The Consumer Card and Bank Experience Design team at Capital One is at the forefront of enriching our customers' digital and physical experiences. We're passionate about creating seamless customer experiences across credit card products, bank accounts, and all other Capital One touchpoints. We champion a thriving environment of collaboration, authenticity, and healthy critique, in which we honor diversity of thought, create a culture of belonging, and elevate one another. If you're an innovator and storyteller who embraces an environment where you can experiment, learn, and change banking for good, we'd love to hear from you.
* About the Role: *
We are currently seeking a *Lead User Researcher *to join our team to focus on strategic level research. Because we are a human centered organization obsessed with delivering products and services based on customer research and feedback, research is at the heart of our work. We believe using empathy, curiosity and asking questions to understand our customers is core to delivering best in class products and services. We represent the voice of our customers and focus on delivering customer insights.
*What You'll Do:*
As a leader, you'll be asked to handle responsibilities, including:
*Strategy & Planning*
* Engage in portfolio prioritization to help set the research strategy and road map for the team
* Leading and shaping early product definitions with formative and foundational research
* Translating findings into insights that guide experience and product decisions
* Manage through open ended problems and support early product definition
* Advocate for the customer through application of research insights to experience & business problem spaces
* Defining standards and best practices for how research is done
* Champion the prioritization of research & analysis as a basis for making design centered product enhancements
* Collaborating with design, technology, product, and business teams to create intuitive and engaging customer experiences across multiple projects simultaneously, start to finish
* Embracing and advocating for an experience mindset - this is as important to the work as the results
* Working with partners and teams across various geographies
*Lead & Develop Teams*
* Building and leading successful teams through career development by mentoring, coaching, and elevating others
* Guide team members in research planning, alignment, execution, analysis, and follow-up
* Navigating conflict resolution within your team as well as within projects, teams and partner relationships
*Execution & Delivery*
* Demonstrate fluency of research tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization utilizing qualitative and quantitative research methods
* Practice and help evolve the team's research techniques and toolset to work effectively in cross-team collaboration
* Participate in end-to-end product research by:
* Conducting research studies at all stages from discovery to validation, using a variety of methods to understand customer needs and define opportunities which can include in depth/empathy interviews, field studies, prototype testing & usability benchmarking, contextual inquiry, surveys, card sorts, heuristic review and participatory design
* Leading designers and non-designers on project teams to understand and apply research findings by framing problems, defining insights, and designing new methodologies/practices to serve research needs
* Facilitating synthesis and knowledge mapping sessions
* Teaching research methodologies
* Distilling findings into clearly articulated and actionable insights for stakeholders
* Knowledge management and dissemination of insights, and creating standards for how research is done, shared, templatized and managed
* Planning and facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders to align with business needs
* Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Must be able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types
* At least 7 years of user research, product research or market research experience
* At least 4 years experience leading a research team
* Master's Degree in anthropology, sociology, psychology or other social science, human factors, cognitive science, human computer interaction (HCI) or behavioral economics, or other research field.
* Experience leading large bodies of work, research strategy and teams
* Comfortable working with agile and legal teams
* Familiarity with conducting and analyzing research for cross-channel experiences
* Comfortable working with a variety of business partners and delivering outcomes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).