PanGIS is hiring archaeological and Paleontological construction monitors for jobs in Los Angeles
. Cross-training in both is a plus.
1) Need to be within daily commuting distance of Los Angeles. No per diem. Early morning start times
2) Must have a BA/BS in Anthropology or Geology or closely related field
3) Need at least 6 months of field work experience, monitoring construction a plus
- Identify historic and prehistoric period sites, artifacts, and features, and/or fossils
- Prepare daily field notes and monitoring logs.
- Work with construction crews
- Communicate with senior staff
- Prioritize safety will working on a construction site
- Stand for many hours while monitoring during potential inclement weather conditions
Benefits for full-time work after 3 months. 401k, Medical
Company DescriptionPanGIS specializes in Environmental Compliance for Cultural Resources and Geographic Information Systems (GIS). In business since 1998, we are a California based, woman-owned business that really cares about our employees, clients, and the environment.