United States of America - New Jersey, Burlington - NJ
AECOM is looking to add an Archaeological Supervisor to our Burlington, NJ office. Archaeological Supervisors will have knowledge of basic field excavation techniques, the ability to identify Precontact and Historical artifacts, understand site and feature formation processes, be able to properly fill out and quality check field and laboratory forms, and be able to draw accurate profiles and plan views, and be able to direct others in these efforts. They will oversee and perform excavation of STPs, test units, and features, as well as mapping and documentation. Supervisors are expected to be able to keep field journals and write up field results. AECOM values Health and Safety and the Field Supervisor must prioritize Health and Safety protocols including those related with our stringent Covid-19 measures.
This position may consist of extensive manual labor including excavation with shovels and moving wheelbarrows filled with dirt. The Archaeological Supervisor should have the ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs and must have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Performs and oversees archaeological fieldwork and documentation.
- Works under direction of Field Director and Principal Investigator
- Works with technical field, lab and office staff, managers and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet AECOM quality standards.
- Responsible for overseeing, quality checking, and teaching as needed the archaeological technicians.
- Additional tasks may include writing, travel coordination, project/paperwork organizational support, and pulling together the equipment for field projects.
- May build or repair field/lab equipment
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM is the leading, worldwide environmental services provider to industry and government - delivering sustainable energy and environmental solutions to meet compliance, business and operational needs. Our advisory and technical staff deliver specialized solutions to unusual and complex problems facing client projects across the full business life cycle - from asset planning, development and operations, to product integration and facility compliance, to site remediation, restoration, sustainability and reuse, and holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. Our solutions balance complex technical, regulatory, business and stakeholder issues to produce measurable value and cost-saving approaches for our clients
Our services are delivered by 7,400 responsive environmental professionals around the world. Our global staff has in-depth knowledge of local and regional requirements and broad technical expertise in 60 disciplines. We work together across our global network to bring the best resources, skills and efficiencies to our projects.
- BA/BS in Anthropology or a related field
- Experience in archaeological fieldwork and analysis or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience;
- Successfully completed an accredited archaeological field school.
- The candidate will be well versed in standard archaeological techniques to include the excavation of shovel test pits and test units for all phases of archaeological investigations. The candidate must be prepared for field and office tasks.
- Field staff must have the ability to communicate clearly and work well with others.
- Field projects could be located anywhere in the US, and travel will be required. Valid Driver's License with a good driving record and flexibility to travel overnight and out of state for up to 3+ months at a time.
- GPS data collection, Total Station, digital field data collection (ArcCollector, Survey123, Fulcrum, or comparable), MS Office, MS Access
- MA in Anthropology or a related field and ideally 2+ years of experience in archaeological fieldwork, supervision, and analysis or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience; must have successfully completed an accredited archaeological field school.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 253330BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.