United States of America - California, Orange
AECOM is actively seeking a talented transportation-focused Environmental Principal/Program Manager for immediate employment at any of our Southern California Offices (Los Angeles, Orange, San Diego, Camarillo). This is a leadership role for a seller/doer and proven experience winning and managing impact assessment and permitting services for transportation projects will be critical. The appropriately qualified applicant will have demonstrated experience in leading CEQA/NEPA document development, regulatory permitting, technical studies, and environmental compliance for highway and bridge projects in Southern California. As a fully integrated design, engineering, and planning firm, the ideal candidate will be highly organized and work well within multi-disciplinary teams to build collective benefit for our clients. The appropriately qualified applicant will have demonstrated experience in leading CEQA/NEPA document development, regulatory permitting, technical studies, and environmental compliance for highway and bridge projects in Southern California. Ideal candidates will have experience managing on-call contracts and other large programs for Transportation clients.
Ideal candidates will have a strong reputation for professional environmental services with Los Angeles-area transportation agencies including Caltrans Districts 7, 12, and/or 8; LA Metro; and/or other local jurisdictions. The selected candidate can look forward to leading teams that deliver environmental planning for surface transportation and/or transit projects (NEPA/CEQA documents), multimodal corridor studies, and environmental support during construction. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects, with support from practice-based leadership, and access to technical expertise from across the country.
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to the following:
- Serve as a leader from the Environment Business Line on pursuits, including those as part of multi-disciplinary design/engineering/environmental teams, or for solely environmental services.
- Lead the environmental delivery for complex surface highway, bridge, tolling, transit and other transportation projects. Serve as project manager for the development of CEQA/NEPA documentation, associated technical studies, regulatory permitting, and public outreach following guidelines from Caltrans, FHWA, and others.
- Serve as recognized leader in the environmental impact assessment and permitting field for transportation projects in the Los Angeles-area market. Represent AECOM in the market as a leader for environmental services to the transportation industry
- Support and mentor staff supporting transportation-focused projects. Identify and lead hiring for new staff as needed.
- Work collaboratively with AECOM's engineering and design practices to track pursuits, network with clients, prepare proposals, and ultimately deliver fully integrated projects.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 200 Environmental Firms
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM is the leading, worldwide environmental services provider to industry and government - delivering sustainable energy and environmental solutions to meet compliance, business and operational needs. Our advisory and technical staff deliver specialized solutions to unusual and complex problems facing client projects across the full business life cycle - from asset planning, development and operations, to product integration and facility compliance, to site remediation, restoration, sustainability and reuse, and holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. Our solutions balance complex technical, regulatory, business and stakeholder issues to produce measurable value and cost-saving approaches for our clients
Our services are delivered by 7,400 responsive environmental professionals around the world. Our global staff has in-depth knowledge of local and regional requirements and broad technical expertise in 60 disciplines. We work together across our global network to bring the best resources, skills and efficiencies to our projects.
- BA/BS in planning, geography, environmental studies, or technical areas such as biology, anthropology + ten years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 15+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and education.
- Demonstrated experience leading the development of complex CEQA/NEPA documentation, regulatory permitting, and technical studies related to transportation projects.
- Collaborative, solution-oriented, and team-focused approach to delivering projects to internal partners and external clients.
- 10+ years of experience working as an Environmental Project Manager for either a private firm or a public agency.
- AICP or active involvement in APA or other professional organizations preferred. Advanced degree preferred.<
- Proven experience and understanding of delivering environmental clearance for projects with Caltrans and/or FHWA oversight.Proven experience with on-call contract management.
- Able to develop strategy and lead competitive pursuits.
- Understand the project delivery process, possess excellent technical and analytical skills, and demonstrate strong personal initiative.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 253181BR
Additional Locations US - Orange, CA - 999 Town & Country Rd, US - San Diego, CA - 401 West A Street
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.