- Open to remote
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a transformational team that will create new innovative customer experiences through modern practices of design and design thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative environment, we know that our people will make all the difference in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest in creating the best customer experience!
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T: Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals, celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work. At AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice is heard. We recognize alldifferences - from race, gender, sexual orientation and religiAon to perspectives, physical and mental abilities, experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be successful in the global marketplace.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will:
- Use your UX talents to research a diverse set of experiences and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing. Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and internal tools.
- Develop, lead, and conduct user research and use insights to advocate for customers, ensuring that their needs are properly understood and seriously considered by team members, business clients and product teams.
- Plan, execute and mentor junior members on qualitative research methods.
- Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great experiences for customers.
- Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to convey the vision, flow, and features of products being created.
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and work products.
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions into production.
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines while understanding of business objectives and how to balance them with design and user needs.
Required Experience & Characteristics
- Typically requires 3 years of experience leading strategic planning and design delivery projects.
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (e.g., Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative research methods including generative, formative, and evaluative methods. Example methods include contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs, ethnographic research, and persona/archetype development.
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your teammates to make your designs better.
- Critical Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs first and foremost. Oh, and you are great fun to work with.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell compelling stories about your work to partners and team members.
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
We expect employees to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status.