We are always looking to add military veterans to our team
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Verizon is seeking a Principal Product UX Researcher within the Customer Marketplace Insights (CMI) team to play a critical role in how we support the 5G Disruption team within the Corporate Strategy/New Business Incubation organization. You'll be helping create a pipeline of net-new business powered by 5G/MEC. You will help drive transformation and innovation by contributing insights and research outcomes that translate directly into business and product impacts and help Verizon become a leading, customer-centric technology company.
You will be the subject matter expert and insights owner looking across and deep into categorical spaces (e.g. warehousing, manufacturing, etc.) to find the pain points, unmet needs, key players/personas, etc. and distill them into areas of opportunity for further exploration. You will partner closely with peers in CMI, Corporate Strategy, CX Design, Global Technology Solutions (GTS), and others to drive fact-based decisions that innovate customer- and business-facing products and services.
- Own research initiatives for several product areas and establish and manage long-term and short-term research roadmaps (including product, foundational customer, industry, tech, etc.) prioritizing key learning opportunities across the development cycle that inform business, product, design, and marketing decisions.
- Leverage a high level of understanding of user-centered design processes and the research methods to support them, from market definition through validation, including conducting qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method research studies and a wide range of methodologies to craft the insights uncovered into compelling narratives that provide roadmaps for exploration and development.
- Run workshops with VZ teams (and external partners where appropriate) to explore opportunity spaces and ideate, prioritize, and validate solutions - handing them off to internal teams for development and execution.
- Find, validate, and synthesize external research to support your insights and distill them into usable recommendations for senior leadership and working teams alike.
- Have your finger on the pulse of social shifts, industry trends, and research that tells a story of what's influencing Verizon's customers (consumers and businesses alike) and what's shaping culture next.
- Synthesize information, signals, and data to produce actionable insights and opportunities across the full range of Verizon businesses.
- Mine data and insights from customer, market, and technological business intelligence.
- Help expand the UX Research team's toolkit and expertise, consult on best research practices, and further the team's services as an insights center of excellence.
- Mentor the development of a junior UX Researcher and other members of the CMI team involved in your work.
What we're looking for...
You are an outstanding storyteller, able to 'connect the dots' and synthesize vast amounts of data into visually stimulating, concise, and clear narratives that will captivate and compel stakeholders. You are an effective and engaging presenter who is equally comfortable presenting to large (200+) and small audiences at all levels of the organization, both in person and via remote technology. You are someone who is endlessly curious, with an interest in technology, cultural and societal shifts, and a passion for uncovering grass roots trends.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience leading high-impact insights projects where your results and advocacy drove innovation and improved KPIs specifically within technology or software development lifecycles.
- Six or more years of experience leading qualitative/quantitative research supporting product innovation or development such as ethnographic, user, enterprise, or design research ideally with a B2B or business-facing focus.
- Five or more years of experience running various types of workshops including design thinking, etc.
- Clear, demonstrable experience as a product researcher, experience strategist, service designer, or similar role with a proven record of seeing products from concept to delivery.
Even better if you have:
- MA/MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Behavioral Economics, Market Research or related field, or BA/BS degree in similar fields. (Preferred)
- Impeccable and effective verbal and written communication style distilling complex multi-method research reports into understandable, compelling, and actionable insights and narratives.
- Eight or moreyears of experience leading high-impact insights projects where your results and advocacy drove innovation and improved KPIs specifically within technology or software development lifecycles.
- Sevenor moreyears of experience leading qualitative/quantitative research supporting product innovation or development such as ethnographic, user, enterprise, or design research ideally with a B2B or business-facing focus.
- Strong portfolio showing ways you have consistently and creatively up-leveled insights impact in organizations by bringing a deeper understanding of customer needs to help solve ambiguous and/or complex business challenges and product objectives.
- Demonstrated success using research and insights developed as stimulus to facilitate ideation and distill those outputs into themes and value prop ideas for further development and validation.
- Proficient in a wide range of qualitative, quantitative, and UX research methods, experimental design, and/or market research techniques.
- Demonstrated competency with descriptive statistics, behavioral data analysis, and quantitative analysis methods.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more.