About Amazon Pay
Over the past 20 years Amazon has earned the trust of over 300 million customers worldwide by providing unprecedented convenience, selection and value on Amazon.com. By deploying Amazon Pay's products and services, merchants make it easy for these millions of customers to safely purchase from their third party sites using the information already stored in their Amazon account. About the Position
As a member of the Global Customer Experience team you will be a significant and single owner for the team's research. You will use a range of methodologies to determine the best approach for research. You will create and conduct user research plans and deliver artifacts such as research reports, user quotes and videos. Your work will impact feature level decisions, behavioral and attitudinal success metrics, team goals, and may impact organization-level goals. You will be embedded in the Amazon Pay Design team, focused on the vision for the overall product features across Buyer, Purchase and Merchant experience.
You will be planning and conducting research against a robust roadmap of product-led initiatives while partnering with stakeholders, design, PM and engineering. You will demonstrate best practices for all phases of research: defining goals, target users, protocol development, data collection, analysis, and synthesis. You will apply practical experience with a breadth of research methods and tools to solve and/or inform business problems. You will write clear and factually correct documents, effectively explaining methodological rigor of the approach to non-research audiences, using standard Amazon Pay research reporting templates.Your work will impact multiple features, medium size projects, and small subsets of larger goals. You will leverage existing research (data mining) and understand that not all problems are new (or require new research). You will dive deep into previous research across teams, when needed. They work independently, seeking direction and prioritization from the Design Manager when needed. * Minimum 3-5 years industry experience leading research solutions for retail and commerce applications
* BS in Human Centered Design (HCD), Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive Psychology, or equivalent experience
* A strong portfolio that illustrates end-to-end research process in product design (ex. study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) and how your research informed decision-making
* Broad knowledge of research methodologies and the proven ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed result.
* Strategic, business-building approach to research with a passion for translating data into bottom-line impact
* Strong written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
* Experience working in a collaborative, diverse team working directly with designers, developers, product managers, marketing and engineering
* Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent research projects in an agile environment
* MS or PhD in HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, or a related field
* Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in research for complex systems Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit