At client AR/VR, we are inventing the future.
- We are looking for a motivated mixed-methods (qual + quant) UX researcher with excellent communication and people skills.
- Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous approach to UX research methods as well as have experience developing solution concepts and shipping consumer products.
- You will work with other UX researchers as well as multi-disciplinary hardware and software teams to push the boundaries of what is possible in the AR/VR product and research science spaces.
- Ultimately, your expertise and ingenuity in research must do more than just contribute to knowledge - you must also be skilled at driving measurable positive impact on the product and user experience.
- Able to drive impact through a range of research approaches and tools, including literature review, qualitative methods (observation, contextual inquiry, interview), usability, & survey research.
- Experience leveraging hardware prototypes and sensors to collect user data related to human perception, human performance etc.
- Able to work closely with other UX researchers to help design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive the impact of the work.
- Able to work independently executing research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, shareouts, and knowledge consolidation.
- Able to coordinate with teammates and run multiple studies in parallel
- Able to work effectively with cross-functional partners (e.g., industrial design, UX design, hardware & software engineering, PM) to ensure our research accounts for their needs and creates a complete picture of the user experience.
- MA/MS or PhD in Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in product UX research
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience in one or more phases of the product life cycle, from early generative research - to concept evaluation - to ship - to in-market UX research
- Passion for consumer technology
- Experience shipping consumer hardware and wearable technologies
- Experience working with design teams
- Part of the augmented reality team
- User interface- designing, implementing, and executing
- Research- how certain design aspects
Comments for Suppliers:
- 0 to 1 product, inventing as it develops.
- The team is working to design the next generation of interaction.
- Taking a research question and coming up with appropriate research method
- Interest in AR/VR
- Python or R is a big plus
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.