_PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, teamwork and fun. Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in mobile and have a great time doing it! Our current games are played by over 25 million players each month and include Wordscapes, the #1 word game._
PeopleFun is seeking a User Researcher who is excited by the opportunity to help shape a new department. You will use your expertise to help teams understand when and how to include user research in their processes and demonstrate the value through consistent execution of research and delivery of insights. You will also be able to help shape the methods and processes used by the research team to help our game teams deliver the highest quality products.
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this game developer position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
* Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders so that you are considered a thought partner to them.
* Help teams identify what questions they have that can be answered by user research and then design, execute, and report answers and actionable feedback to the teams.
* Help build work pipelines between the user research team and other player- or data-focused teams such as community management and data analytics.
* Be part of defining how core user research methods are carried out at PeopleFun and introduce new methods.
* Lead internal playtesting sessions and work with the game team to get issues and the next steps loaded into Jira.
* Graduate degree in psychology, anthropology, sociology, human-computer interaction, or similar human subjects research field.
* 2+ years conducting user research. Games and/or mobile app experience is a plus.
* Detail-oriented, scientific thinker.
* Ability to multitask, efficiently manage time and priorities, and work with minimal oversight.
* Ability to communicate complex results throughout an organization.
* Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
* Receptive to constructive feedback.
* Love for mobile games.
* Competitive compensation package
* Performance bonuses
* 401K with 3% employer matching
* Family-friendly culture
* Flex PTO policy
* Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
* On-Site Gym and free Yoga classes
* $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
* Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.