The Department of Internal Medicine is looking for a detail oriented person with a passion for research to join a dynamic, expert, interactive, research and administrative team. The Research Program Manager will report directly to the Principal Investigator and Chair of Department. Do you have knowledge of IRB protocols, lab equipment, and inventory? Are you organized with strong communication skills? The position will manage research laboratory and overseeing an exciting, bench to bedside, newly started NIH-funded clinical trials. The Research Program Manager will interact and coordinate with clinical trial team at the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute and related offices, such as Institution Review Board. The position will facilitate project progress, track and manage data, draft reports, and ensure all reporting and tracking requirements are followed to comply with the rules of the granting entity and compliance with all applicable UAMS procedures relative to research laboratory.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience
- Manages the administrative functioning of the laboratories.
- Drafting of work flow, communication materials and project related documents, summarizing meeting contents, corresponding with team of clinical trial at WPR Cancer Institute.
- Assist the PI in overseeing projects, scheduling meetings, writing manuscripts and correspondence,
- Assist the PI, in coordination with WP Rockefeller Cancer Institute clinical trial team, in subject recruitment, screening, enrollment, and follow-up of eligible subjects in accordance with the protocol. Review and approval of study participant charges in EPIC and payment of study related transactions via UAMS financial system.
- Organizational management of all aspects of the clinical trials, communication of all protocol-related issues to appropriate management staff.
- Provide central support to collaborative departments. Serve as the liaison to other university disciplines.
- Management of funded projects, maintaining financial records and overseeing regulatory processes, tracking inventory, service contracts, and maintenance schedules.
- Direct various personnel functions: assisting with hiring, assisting with performance appraisals.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor purchase request, advising staff and faculty on purchasing procedures, monitoring receipts and payments to vendors, communicating with accounts payable to ensure proper payment of invoices.
- Provide direction and guidance for completing UAMS Human Resources forms and documentation for support staff and summer students.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree in one of the social or behavioral sciences such as psychology, social work, public health, sociology, anthropology, health science or related field plus five (5) years of clinical research experience required.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Familiarity with SAP and TRACKS is preferred as well as significant budgeting, financial reporting, etc., as well as significant personnel and project management experiences.
- If not currently certified the on-campus Grants Management Training Program must be completed within 12 months of hire.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 10 lbs or less
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Occasionally
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Laboratory Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Not required