Job title: Strategic Insights Lead
Department / Division: Global Market Insights / Global Marketing
Location: Buena Park, CA
What's special about us:
Nutrilite, part of the Amway family of companies, is the world's leading global brand in vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements. Located in Southern California, Nutrilite offers a rich history of bringing the best of science and the best of nature in every product. We are committed to offer challenging career opportunities, a comprehensive total rewards package, profit sharing, tuition assistance, product discounts and an award-winning wellness program. www.nutrilite.com.
What's special about this team:
The team is a leading adopter of new technologies and methodologies at the global level. Our research approach is agile, dynamic, flexible and culturally attuned. The team exists to leverage consumer, distributor, market and competitive insights to impact both short and long-term business decisions. The team navigates a host of secondary, primary, qualitative, quantitative and social media research, to uncover new opportunities for growth whether they are new products, markets, segments, or the next frontier. Our knowledge and insights guide decision making and minimizes business risk with robust data and clear actionable recommendations.
What's special about this role:
If you enjoy working collaboratively and unveiling global marketing insights that impact key business decisions, this role may be for you! Based at our Nutrilite facility and working in conjunction with our talented Nutrilite team, you will be part of a broader global market research team. This position supports our most important growth category, nutrition. A critical skill in this role is the ability to connect the dots and synthesize large and disparate sources of information to identify new growth opportunities and/or unique distinctions to create competitive advantages. The insights drawn from qualitative and quantitative research will translate to competitive drivers that will allow our distributors build successful businesses. In this role, you will lead global market studies and will collaborate with peers around the world to support the research objectives and analysis to have a greater impact. Key capabilities in this role include brand building, concept development & concept testing, NPD, Trend identification, Knowledge, Mapping, etc. Your work will inform brand decisions by offering insights and assessments around business opportunity strategies and new opportunities. This key role will have significant impact on our nutrition categories and will continue to distinguish us as the brand leader in the marketplace.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
* Full understanding of consumer behavior, attitudes and shopping habits in order to address and fulfil unmeet consumer needs; in other words, you'll be the voice of the consumer
* Synthesize large amounts of information and translate them into meaningful and actionable insights
* Turning market and consumer behaviors and trends into growth opportunities
* Translate business challenges into research objectives to drive research and guide decision making
* Strong knowledge of market research principles and practices with demonstrated capabilities in both qualitative, quantitative and secondary research
* Evidence of achieving results in complex settings and in matrix organizations
* Talent to communicate across cultures, with the ability to influence stakeholders (i.e., team, global stakeholders, marketing and MR affiliates, and other cross-functional partners)
* Familiarity with Agile Research (i.e., technologies, methodologies, secondary platforms, etc.)
* Expert knowledge or super user of secondary research (i.e., Mintel, Euromonitor, Gartner, Global Data, Statista, Stylus, TrendHunter, Signals, Forester, etc.)
* Ability to travel globally, up to 20%
* Minimum 8 years' experience in a leading market research role
* BS, MBA in Marketing/Business, Psychology, Anthropology, Market Research or related business discipline