Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!Position Purpose:
Assist the CMI team in delivering customer and market insights to support PETCO's customer strategy, through primary and secondary research and data analysis.Essential Job Functions
With direction, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes and in accordance with business needs to ensure projects are executed in a timely manner. Assist team in managing project execution, which includes, researching the best methodology, outlining project plan, anticipating potential issues during execution, and coordinating resources to deliver project in most efficient manner.
Assist CMI team in working with key stakeholders on topics covering all areas of the business, including product demand, store design, category research, cross channel, brand awareness, segmentation, and demographic opportunity.
Help identify new analytics methods to solve complex business problems and uncover drivers of performance with in-depth analysis and mining of customer database. Provide detailed profiles of PETCO's target segments to drive customer strategy and help connect with customers on all touch points with targeted creative and content.
Work with team to produce research & customer analysis to support operations, marketing, ecommerce, pet and vet services, omni-channel and membership. Provide analysis and customer-driven strategies to drive continuous improvement in all key customer metrics: retention, acquisition, conversion, cross sell, customer migration, customer experience, and lifetime value.
Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communications with internal and external clients and vendors.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Devise and implement templates and processes that increase efficiency when analyzing / gathering data.
Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
Prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes and guidance.
Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.Nature of Supervision:
While the position requires work independence, instruction is given on program, purpose, and project objectives, and work is reviewed during development and completion. Results of analyses are used to create strategies and decisions in marketing, operations, and assortment; therefore, they have the potential to affect the company's sales and profits negatively if data reporting is not accurate. Supervisory Responsibility:
Possibility to manage Intern positionsEducation and Experience:
Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in Marketing, Data Analytics, or Social Sciences (Anthropology, Economics, Psychology or Sociology). Requires three to five years of work experience in related fields (e.g. consumer insights). Must have experience creating effective research plans, with ability to work with multiple resources to ensure adherence to scope and project timelines. A minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in the following is also required:
- Have the ability to contribute and influence across levels and functions.
- Have creativity, innovation, initiative, follow-through, communication, and priority-setting
- Work experience of strong leadership through envisioning, direction setting and enrolling others, and thinking/problem solving.
- Have strong analytical skills, using multiple data sources. A statistical qualification is not required, but comfort with data analysis is essential. (Database Analysis -experience in EDW server (or equivalent) preferred).
- Survey Design - Experience designing surveys
- Qualitative research experience managing recruits, setting up IDI's/focus groups, designing discussion guides, and reporting on research preferred.
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills (Powerpoint) are required including the ability to provide support and share findings with senior management.
- Research experience in a retail organization is a strong plus.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, lookups, macros, dashboards, etc.) a plus. PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience with SQL, Python, BI Platforms, and statistical software (R, SPSS, SAS) a plus.
- Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn -- Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive.
- Perform Professional Analysis -- Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broader understanding of issues (e.g., company reports plus in-store observations). Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Identifies the key issues in complex or ambiguous problems. Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends, and potential causes. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Plan and Execute -- Develops realistic plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Acquires and leverages resources, processes, and tools to achieve business goals. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate the work or improve quality.
- Satisfy the Customer -- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer experience (including the removal of barriers, and providing solutions).
- Use Professional Judgment -- Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions (e.g., impact on sales, returns, customer loyalty). Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
- Produce Results -- Initiates decisive, timely action to address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging, clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business results. Drives initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
Most tasks are performed while seated indoors at a personal computer. Limited travel to vendors, in-person research, seminars and/or conferences may be required periodically throughout the year.Contacts:
Interaction with numerous internal departments including but not limited to Information Systems, Analytical Services, E-Commerce, Creative, Pet Services, Vet Services, Membership and Omni-Channel; may range from the routine exchange of information to the analyses, evaluation and resolution of complex logistical issues. Externally, the position will deal with market research vendors and product/service vendors usually exchanging information, providing instruction, or resolving somewhat complex problems.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.