Job Summary:Awesome Job: Sr. Manager, Research & InsightsGreat Location: West Hollywood, CACULTURE
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a ‘Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the ‘Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences - Fan First.THE TEAM
The Insights and Analytics Team at Ticketmaster is a highly skilled and collaborative team that identifies opportunities for improvements to product features and drives overall revenue by innovating new ways to look at data and providing analysis and insights. Members of the Insights and Analytics Team partner with business teams across multiple functions including Product, Design, Sales, Marketing, Strategy, & Finance providing analyses covering fan insights, ticket sales, shopping behavior, site analytics, incremental revenue streams, venue/client analysis, and customer lifetime value.THE JOB
We are seeking an experienced Sr Manager of UX Research to drive customer understanding and empathy into the organization's goals and culture. Working across the entire organization - Product + Design + Tech (B2B and B2C), Strategy + Marketing - your mission will be to guide new and existing research efforts that generate a holistic understanding of live music, theatre and sports client and fan needs, desires, motivations and aspirations. You will have the ability to oversee high-impact initiatives immediately and be expected to lead, train, motivate, and develop employee skills on research sources, systems, tools, and targeting techniques.WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Will perform Deep UX research and work collaboratively with Global Product, Design, and Marketing teams
- Utilize a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies and apply the appropriate methods for maximum results
- Building strong relationships across a global organization and establishing the research team as a key strategic partner that provides actionable insights that help drive new business initiatives
- See relationships between disparate research inputs, generating meaningful conclusions that provide actionable insights for product, design, marketing, and strategy
- Discovering, synthesize, and socialize insights that helps drive business conversations forward and spark new business ideas across a broad audience - from individual product team members to C-level executives
- Partner with data analytics team to triangulate and understand our fans' needs and provide actionable insights that helps stakeholders make informed business decisions
- Leade and manage a team - develope best practices, build research processes, and mentor researchers to improve overall analytic and research functions at the company
- Assess existing research programs, prioritize in-house research efforts, and understand when and how to leverage 3rd-party vendors
- Manage a small team of researchers and oversee a network of research vendors, contractors, and platforms
- 8+ years of quantitative and qualitative research experience
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills with the ability to distill vast amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, secondary, etc.) into an insightful story with actionable recommendations
- Ability to design and run studies independent of vendor intervention (e.g. large surveys, focus groups, etc).
- Experience with market research in multiple countries is a preferred
- Ability to manage highly interdependent projects and keep various work streams on track.
- Experience with third-party web & mobile analytics tools
- Familiarity with SQL skills or similar business intelligence software a plus
- Served as a thought partner with executive and cross-functional leadership teams
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field a plus
TICKETMASTER VALUESRock Solid Reliability -
- Ability to partner with stakeholders understand their use case, develop analytical frameworks, and provide data driven strategic business insight
- Strong interest and skills in problem solving and issue resolution
Earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; Set clear expectations; Deliver high quality work on time and on task; Take the time to do things rightWinning Teamwork -
Collaborate with others; Share information openly; Listen and take time to empathize and understand where others are coming from; Show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of othersAct with Integrity -
Pride in the way we represent ourselves and the company to others; Act with good intentions; Have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; Represent information and data accurately and completelyBelonging -
We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thriveEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.