TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, our Planning, Permitting and Licensing (PPL) practice delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project life cycle needs of clients in energy, transportation and manufacturing industries.
TRC have an immediate opening for an Archaeologist/Cultural Resource Monitor in the Riverside/Salton Sea, CA area. Successful candidates will work on large-scale project in the Salton Sea, Riverside County area. Work will begin January 2021 and extend for approximately 2 years. Field Technicians will work closely with other TRC archaeologists, environmental staff, permitting specialists, and managers in TRC's PPL practice. Candidate must have BLM experience. We are looking for individuals enthusiastic about their work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and developing effective solutions to project challenges. This position will require regular travel away from the home office. Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- Ensure the quality of archaeological data, fieldwork, and paperwork.
- Perform archaeological surveys, testing, data recovery and monitoring.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion; coordinate with project managers regarding project requirements and expectations.
- Assuming temporary work stoppages to permit a closer view of a potential discovery
- Report any concerns or issues related to archaeological or cultural finds on the construction site to the Principal Investigator.
- Documenting activities on a daily log which will be delivered to the Principal Investigator at the end of each work day
- Work and communicate efficiently with other agencies, Native American Groups and construction crews.
- Ideal candidate will have construction monitoring experience on linear projects for archaeological resources.
- BA/BA in Archaeology or Anthropology
- MA/MS in Archaeology or Anthropology preferred
- Must meet and/or exceed the archaeological qualifications described in the Secretary of Interior's Professional Guidelines (Federal Register 48:190:44738-44739) (United States Department of the Interior 1983).
- Knowledge of Riverside/Coachella Valley/Salton Sea region in California culture and history.
- Experience working with and obtaining permits from the Bureau of Land Management.
- In addition, the Archaeologist must have experience preparing CEQA/NEPA sections.
- Candidates must be comfortable with strenuous hiking and changing climate conditions.
- Possess excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify the artifacts and cultural features.
- Ability to think critically in the field.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, Trimble etc.) preferred.
- A commitment to quality and safety.
- A willingness to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. steep terrain, heat, cold, etc.).
- Applicants must be willing to travel, have excellent communication skills, and work well on a team and individually.
- Possess a valid California Driver's License with 3 years clean driving record.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompanies.com.
EOE: Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled