The Experience Researcher under the Product Experience Research - Consumer Team
is responsible for executing discovery and evaluative research needs of the relevant Product teams and Experience Design teams.
This role is responsible for independently intaking projects, identifying and developing the appropriate research methodologies, executing on the methodologies, efficient analysis of gathered information, and thoughtful synthesis and delivery of findings to relevant partners. Ability to craft intuitive research deliverables and use storytelling techniques to share research findings is also required.
As the Experience Researcher for Best Buy's Consumer Space, the individual must be able to demonstrate knowledge and apply relevant theoretical foundations from Decision Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, and Cognitive Sciences in designing, executing, analyzing, and synthesizing research findings.
The Experience Researcher ensures relevance and quality of insights through thoughtful use of methodology based on sound research principles and practices. This individual will advocate for the customer and employee by driving research at the core of product development.
This role serves as a catalyst to educate, accelerate, and activate product design and development to be advocates of customers and apply that into their product designs. They are responsible for partner relationships and collaborating across design, engineering, and product teams.
The Experience Researcher will be working with Senior Researchers, Associate Researchers, and Research Analysts to execute on the research strategies set by Lead and Principal Researchers. Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions) Developing Appropriate Research Strategy
Leading and Executing Research Methodologies
- Leads and oversees research process including recommending appropriate methodology, scoping, planning, and prepping for in-person and remote studies.
- Facilitates broad large group ideation and discovery conversations.
- Engages with customers and care providers in mindful, meaningful, sensitive, and ethical ways.
Research Synthesis and Delivery of Insights and Recommendations
- Ability to lead, conduct, and synthesize generative, exploratory, and discovery research.
- Ability to develop, recommend, and execute on evaluative research methodologies if and when needed.
Maintain Stakeholders, Partners, and Vendor Relationships.
- Leads analysis and synthesis of research findings.
- Identifies and leads the creation of the most efficient research deliverable(s).
- Presents clear and actionable findings to various levels of stakeholders.
- Provides recommendations to Design and Product Teams using sound and relevant theoretical foundations.
- Facilitates efficient information sharing across other research teams internal to Best Buy.
- Executes and help evolve the ethical, diverse, and inclusive conduct of research for the team.
- Provides critique and guidance on research outputs of Research Analysts and Associate Researchers with the goals of producing the most intuitive and efficient research deliverables for partners and stakeholders.
- Assists the Sr. Managers and Senior Researchers in identifying gaps and opportunities for growth for members of the research team.
- 2-4 years of experience directly leading and conducting research in organizations working on digital products such as: websites, software, applications, and physical devices with digital interfaces. For those who have Master's or Doctorate Degree in Human-Centered Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology & other Behavioral Sciences - the years of experience conducting research while completing your graduate program counts towards the required number of years of experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Centered Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Social Science, Design Research, Psychology & other Behavioral Sciences.
- Demonstrable experience in leading end-to-end generative, exploratory, discovery and evaluative research.
- Previous experience efficiently and effectively prioritize and manage multiple research projects.
- Previous experience leading, mentoring, and guiding Research Analysts and Associate Researchers within a team by providing critiques, constructive feedback, and demonstrating research expertise during collaboration sessions with fellow researchers.
- Previous experience identifying and executing on the most innovative, latest, and creative research methodologies and research tools.