Job Title: Senior UX Researcher
Senior UX Researchers are passionate about and experienced with advocating human-centered design and the value of user insight across the full design lifecycle. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire product team including Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers. You will work closely with Designers to explore new experiences, concepts and features that advance our goal to be a trusted health partner of our customers. Senior UX Researchers focus on developing research strategies to ensure we provide responsive research findings while maintaining a focus on quality.
* Design, plan and run user research studies, including personally conducting sessions.
* Utilize a repertoire of tools and techniques to gather insights and feedback regarding customers and product experiences.
* Work closely with design and product to understand complexities of product challenges and related research questions.
* Identify user research approach, priorities, and deliverables that address design goals and provide appropriate recommendations.
* Engage with stakeholders, product owners, engineers, content strategists, business owners, and other designers.
* Communicate research insights concretely and intuitively for the greatest impact.
* Work with the manager of design operations to continually evolve and standardize research toolkit.
* Independently plan and develop research strategy with other Senior UX Researchers, Designers, and Product Managers to gather necessary product and design insights with available resources.
* Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, in depth interviews, contextual inquiry, concept testing and surveys.
* Relevant product research experience in end-to-end, usability, in a generative or evaluative setting.
* Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
* Proficiency in evangelizing and communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact.
* Entrepreneurial, self-driven, growth mindset with a professional presence.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Background in product interaction design or similar preferred.
* Experience utilizing user research and insights to inform design and content decisions within an iterative and agile enterprise framework or developing, delivering and sustaining complex digital products.
* Positive can-do collaborative attitude and motivation to deliver timely and high quality work.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human factors, psychology, sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
* 3-5 years of relevant work experiences within User Experience, Human-Computer interaction, applied research setting, and/or product research and development.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.