Genesis10 is currently seeking a UX Research Associate with our client in the SEO industry in their San Francisco, CA location. This is a 12 month + contract position.Summary:
- Material Design is a design system backed by code that works in a cohesive manner across different development platforms.
- The design system underpins all of client's flagship products internally and is available to the design and development community as open source code
- You will work as part of a small cross-functional team including Program Management, Design, Engineers and Research to conduct research collecting and analyzing user behavior with appropriate methods, qualitative and quantitative.
- You will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, focused on establishing and evaluating user needs and expectations.
- Familiarity with planning and conducting a wide range of research design and practical work.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods and tools.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication through written reports and oral presentations.
- You will need Critical thinking in human behavioral analysis normally evidenced by Master's degree level or equivalent on a human centered research course, for example HCI, Psychology, Human Factors, Social Psychology, Anthropology Familiarity with experimental design basics, including setup, understanding and explaining trade-offs of method, understanding populations and sampling, familiarity with issues of validity, bias, and the ability to construct or critique possible experimental setups
- A track record of decision-making based on using a variety of practical techniques in a successful software-product development environment.
- Including responsibility for designing and facilitating goal directed and task directed usability assessments of software interactions on a range of different software platforms
- Excellent communication skills illustrated through participant management, interview planning and management, workshop facilitation using focus group techniques and translation of findings into impactful design stories.
- Ability to construct, deploy and analyze surveys that have high quality structure, content and question structure.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing, synthesizing, and distilling insights from both quantitative and qualitative data sources.
- A portfolio that illustrates your communication and research skills. YOE: 5 years
- Able to work as a W2 employee of Genesis10 (no Corp-to-Corp)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!About Genesis10:
- You will impress the interviewers if you have capabilities consistent with: Large scale data collection and analysis (e.g., collecting data from online communities, scraping social networking sites, crawling websites for landscape analyses, etc).
- Automated processing of visual data (e.g., experience with automated image classification, OpenCV, etc).
- Social network analysis (e.g., mapping networks of resource usage).
- Visualization, especially of information rich sets of data.
- Research instrument or prototype development skills
- Experience of research with target users that include Software Developers and User Experience Designers
- Bachelor's degree preferred (In related field)
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com "Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V