Under general supervision, this position helps key stakeholders with the design and implementation of new products and systems by utilizing research and data to advocate for the business. This position will play a greater role in collaborating across the E&T organization with other teams and by mentoring junior team members.Job Description:Key Responsibilities:
- Support J.B. Hunt UX team and product teams with research tasks including: scheduling/screening participants, note taking, facilitating, research preparation, etc
- Mentor and guide user experience research team members
- Evangelizing user research methodology and techniques to the user experience team and the broader engineering and technology organization.
- Create and inform role and product personas by transcribing, assisting with coding transcripts, assisting with interviewing, data analysis and synthesis, and in assisting with the creation of the final persona deliverable using the J.B. Hunt UX Research Persona Protocol
- Clearly communicates status of research engagements to impacted Stakeholders, Product Owners, UX Designers, and Development Teams. Works with design team and product team to intake new research opportunities based on business and user impact
- Presents or reports on research findings with actionable insights to project stakeholders to explain user goals and alignment with business goals, and listen to feedback to deliver compelling and actionable insights from research through written reports and in-person presentations
- Collaborates with Product Owners, Business Analysts, UX Designers, Development Teams, and E & T leadership by understanding business goals and gathering feedback while advocating for the user
- Facilitate and analyze large groups of users in focus group or design thinking sessions
- Collect and analyze user behavior through various quantitative and qualitative methods: usability studies, card sorting, surveys, field visits, design thinking, data analysis and synthesis, etc
- Perform data analysis and synthesis on transcriptions using MaxQDA and on data using Power BI, Hotjar and/or GA Data Studio
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience; plus 3 year experience in User Experience.
- M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills with experience delivering to all levels of company.
- Outstanding research portfolio demonstrating mastery of research methodology and product/design impact.
Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Psychology (Required)Work Experience:
Research, User ExperienceCertifications:Job Opening ID:
00402578 UX Researcher III (Open) "This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."